Excellent! Gladius + FM34 = A Bipolar Light?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just added an FM34 Surefire beamshaper to my Gladius- WOW!!! Completely changes the nature of the beast. I don't have a lot of time to play tonight (brought work home with me) but I had to try it out in the backyard, especially as it is a bit foggy and rainy.

This beamshaper completely changes the light pattern from a tight throw and a decent corona to a complete wall of light. The new pattern is definitely brighter than the normal corona, but there is no throw. It floods the backyard with pure white light.

This will be a great addition when hiking and walking the dog. But when I want/need throw, it is there in moments. It is as if the flashlight has two distinct personalities: a great thrower and flood, whenever either personality is needed.

Uh, but it looks like a sci-fi implement! I have to say it blends well with the black HA finish. :huh:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah i figured it would be a good combo... the E2L w/ the F04 beamshaper works good...

i keep a f04 on my HDS all the time.... the only time i don't use it on my HDS is outside...

a throw light tends to let you have the best of both worlds... plus it protects the bezel/lens

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
be vary carefull when using the fm 34 on a gladius it is VERY easy to break the latch while trying to close it!!!!! as the head of the gladius is approx .02 inch bigger then what it was designed for, what you should do is either find thinner rubber that lines the inside of FM34, or perhapes cut a slice from the factory one so not so much pressure is being forced on those poor little plastic hinges
Chronos said:
I just added an FM34 Surefire beamshaper to my Gladius- WOW!!! Completely changes the nature of the beast. I don't have a lot of time to play tonight (brought work home with me) but I had to try it out in the backyard, especially as it is a bit foggy and rainy.

This beamshaper completely changes the light pattern from a tight throw and a decent corona to a complete wall of light. The new pattern is definitely brighter than the normal corona, but there is no throw. It floods the backyard with pure white light.

This will be a great addition when hiking and walking the dog. But when I want/need throw, it is there in moments. It is as if the flashlight has two distinct personalities: a great thrower and flood, whenever either personality is needed.

Uh, but it looks like a sci-fi implement! I have to say it blends well with the black HA finish. :huh:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tenmike,

You are right, it is tiiiggghhhhttt. I can see the hinges are definitely stressed, but it is clamped on.

I'll try to take a few pictures and beamshots tonight. My 5 year old son saw it and said it looks like "Star Wars!" :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a shot showing the Gladius + FM34. In a little while I'll take a couple of beamshots.

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad pics- in a rush tonight.

Gladius with the beamshaper:

Gladius without beamshaper:

The overall output looks a bit dimmer in real life; however, the yard is filled evenly with a broad, undefined white light. With the beamshaper unlatched there is a clearly defined center beam and a clearly defined spill beam. Anything outside of the spill beam is not illuminated.

Latest posts