Micro Review: AE24 v. Polarion

Leef

Enlightened
I just rec'd the Polarion 35W yesterday and compared it last night to my AE24. Wow -- hardly in the same league. :wow:

The Polarion is brighter, better color (closer to incandescent), and much quicker starting.

I'l have a chance to test the long range capabilities soon.

BTW, where's a good place to get a spare Polarion battery and other accessories?

Leef

Enlightened
I paid $300 for the AE (new) and $700 for the Polarion (v. slightly used, but you'd never know by looking). I think the MSRP for the P is $1,200 and the street price ~$1k. P is a bit heavier.

I may get around to cutting the AE down, eliminating 1/2 of the batteries and changing the switch like Mac has done (same brightness, 1/2 runtime).

dwminer

Enlightened
There is a problem I have with all the fancy and unique HID lights and that is of warranty and support after the sale. What happens a year or two later when something goes wrong and you need a new switch, ballast or you break the lens? One pays $500 to over a $1000 for a light a person expects support. Both Maxabeam, AE lights have real support here in the states, but some of these light don't even have a dealer in USA or their here today and then drop the line of lights. OK thanks for listening.
Dave

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
dwminer said:
There is a problem I have with all the fancy and unique HID lights and that is of warranty and support after the sale. What happens a year or two later when something goes wrong and you need a new switch, ballast or you break the lens? One pays $500 to over a $1000 for a light a person expects support. Both Maxabeam, AE lights have real support here in the states, but some of these light don't even have a dealer in USA or their here today and then drop the line of lights. OK thanks for listening.

Don't forget the XeRays from XeVision. We have been in business since 1987 our core business is aerospace and industrial HID markets. www.XeVision.com Utah USA.

Dan