BT1 torch is a success!

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
While we've been off air I have made and sold a number of the BT1 Box torches. The Nichia green model seems to be the most popular seller with 5 units shipped thus far! I have 4 from my first batch left!
I am developing multi-LED models including some dual beam models containing a mixture of Nichia and Toshiba LED's and dual switching so that you can either have a spot or flood beam or both! Lots of interest has been generated by giving people ther opportunity to use the product...most say that they've never seen such a great idea! Although the BT1 is simple it is compact and reliable, far more than the average filament torch. You could see more people joining this forum as a result of this successful little enterprie!

EMPOWERTORCH

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Sonic,
unfortnately I don't have a webcam, as my window on cyberspace is a small silver box attatched to my TV. I will see if I can get some photographs of the torches and scan them onto the internet, then the torch world will have access to my creations!
They are superbly simple to construct using LED's and appropriate dropping resistors in a compact square section ABS box. The LED's are mounted one end of the torch in chromed bezels, and a push switch similar to those found on anglepoise lamps is mounted on the rear of the torch. The assembled torch runs on 4 AAA's in a battery pack.
It has a 60's sci-fi look about it which I think people really like.
I actually concieved the torch and the EMPOWERTORCH enterprise as a way of raising money for our Christian rock band EMPOWERED and giving fans the ultimate concert and musicfest accessory. It has become quite a feature at concerts for people to wave torches and burning ciggie lighters during the singing of a ballad or an anthemic rock song, creating a starry effect over the audience. Some bands such as Stryper made torches available as merchandise.
We decided to follow the same line and provide our fans with a piece of merchandise that is also supremely useful!
I suppose it would be a torchaholic's ultimate dream to see hundreds or thousands of people waving LED torches in the air!
It's strange but the torch has as many fans outside the rock music scene as within it, so I might find myself very busy soon!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EMPOWERTORCH:

I suppose it would be a torchaholic's ultimate dream to see hundreds or thousands of people waving LED torches in the air!
It's strange but the torch has as many fans outside the rock music scene as within it, so I might find myself very busy soon!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that would be cool
cool.gif
especially if they had a bunch of your green mods!

Yes, we always like pictures! If you can find a way to post them, we'll all drool over them. Sounds like a nice bright mod that may convert some civilians to flashaholics........

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Hi Lambda,
thanx for your comments, its nice to get a good response from such a respected and highly acclaimed torch constructor!
My next batch of torches will contain Nichia cyans supplied by Paul Flannery. These are even brighter than the Nichia greens (10000 or more mcd at 30 mA.) A BT3 or BT4 fitted with these would probably be one of the brightest 4AAA powered torches in the UK!
Also I'll be doing some 3 cell torch mods converting existing filament torches to LED!