E1E $49.99 at Cabela's RECEIVED

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
In mailer received today and on website. www.cabelas.com

Edit - received the light today (6-13-06). It's E1 Executive, HA in a plastic hanger pack. But it has a clickie tailcap. Not bad.

Last edited:

roguesw

Enlightened
Re: E1E $49.99 at Cabela's

searched the website and the site shows the E2e, picture of an old model with either bezel mounted pocket clip, not body mounted pocket clip
but the description is for a E1E but i dont see which version, the old version of the new version?
however, great spotting and good score to anyone

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

If this is true, I will drive there tomorrow and get one.

Thanks for the tip!

Bob

jwl

Enlightened

Finally found the link. Here Maybe this isn't it, the light in the picture has E2 Executive on it.

Okay. That must be it. The text says E1 Executive and so does their ordering pulldown menu.

Last edited:

Bri_in_Chi

Newly Enlightened

I got this reply from them:

Hello,
Thank you for visiting Cabelas Product Information Department,

The E2 Surefire Executive Light (#6IS-515349) is pictured, it you order it you will receive the E1. I apologize for the confusion. If you have further questions feel free to e-mail us again, or log on to our "live chat" page. You can click on "Customer Service" at the top of any of our webpages, we would be happy to assist you. Thank you for using Cabelas.com.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast

The ad is poorly written. The picture is the wrong light and very outdated.

However, $50 is a very good price for an E1E.

Sterno

Newly Enlightened

Wow, thats an amazing deal...
How could they possibly sell them for so little? Do you think its possible that they could be of an older style that they want to liquidate?
Either way, I want one :sold:

G1K

Newly Enlightened

I just ordered one, so we'll see what happens..

R

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened

My order is still "pending." But the item is showing as "SUREFIRE EXECUTIVE LIGHT E1"

Was there ever just an "E1" model made? I tried looking on surefire's site, but didn't see any mention of one.

roguesw

Enlightened

BrighTor, yes, prior to the E series becoming know as Executive Elite
it was known as Executive, the initial offerings had clip on the bezel, the body was smooth, there were several color options available,
standard twistie tailcap

G1K

Newly Enlightened

I believe the correct picture is now shown on the cabelas site.
R

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened

Just got done with Cabella's live help. It is indeed just an E1. I'm not really sure if an E1 is a great deal at $50, as I'm a surefire noob. I was hoping this could be my first, but it's not looking that way.

Sterno

Newly Enlightened

BrighTor-
I am relatively new to this myself, but going from what experience I have with Surefires, I would say this is a great deal. In fact, I'm going to get one myself.
If in the future you are not pleased with the incandescent bulb, you can upgrade to a KL1 or KL4 led bezel, and have a wondefully small, fantastically bright light.
Personally, I have a E1E body with a Z57 Clicky tailcap and the KL4 Head off of my L4. This runs on rechargable 3.7v RCR123A's and puts out almost (but not quite) as much light as the L4 with two primaries :grin2:
I found that set-up here on CPF and its known at a 'TW4', and it is rapidly becoming one of my most carried lights. Bright, guilt-free light in a tiny package, what more could you want :buddies:

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened

E1 is old version of E1e. Main difference is that the pocket clip running from the head, instead of running from the body of the light itself. The drawback is that when you change the head, for example to KL1, you lose the pocket clip. But it is good if the clip annoys you when you put this light in your pocket. AFAIK, new E1e also employ clickie tailcap (someone correct me if I'm wrong), while E1 is standard non-lock-on tailcap.
This is the main difference anyway, still a lot of minor differences between subsequent model generations that I lost count...
TW4 is based on E1e with KL4 head. For the look, E1 with KL4 generally will look a bit like TW4 minus the pocket clip.

Last edited:

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened

So even though it's an older E1 and not E1E, I could swap out parts from other Surefires and it'd work? That sounds interesting. I may not return it when it arrives like I'd planned to. Are most Surefire parts interchangeable with other Surefires? That's pretty neat!

m5shooter

Newly Enlightened
Can you post a pic of the light or is it exactly as the one pictured on the Cabela's web site.

Belt clip on the bezel?