Lens for single led mod...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know where I can find a lens like the type used in the Brinkmann Longlife or the PT Impact? I need one to do a mod I've been contemplating for a while now, and I really don't want have to "sacrifice" my Longlife! However, I WILL make the sacrifice if I can't find what I'm looking for (in the name of flashoholism, some sacrifices just HAVE to be made
grin.gif
...) A PAL lens wont cut it. I need something with a wider diameter and a little more scratch resistant. Thanx in advance for any input!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your question as created a question of my own (since I have not tried this yet).

I'm wondering what a collumator for a Luxeon would do if fitted over a nichia? If it works, it would be a fairly cheap solution. Since I have a spare LS optic, I will try it when I get home.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick:
I'm wondering what a collumator for a Luxeon would do if fitted over a nichia? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried it and it worked pretty good. I took the head off of a single white nichia modded mini-mag and simply held a LS optic over the LED. It had a hot spot like a Brinkmann "Longlife" on mondo steroids. It was the same brightnes but the hotspot of light was HUGE in comparison. Try it..