Storage Ideas ??

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering were do you folks store your
lights??

My collection is starting to expand. I'd like to be able to display my lights
somewhere while keeping them out of my little 8yr old's reach.

I was thinking of maybe getting one of those plexiglass display
cases that I can lock.

Any suggestions would be great!

Ray

frisco

Enlightened
I've been thinking about this also....... I have a Snap On tool chest/roller in storage. I'm thinking why not !!! Snap On in the living room or bedroom!!!! For that eclectic industrial look !!!!
Think about it....

-Lockable
-Metal for Safety
-Felt lined
-How impressive the presentation would look when you opened a drawer !!!!

Nice !!!!

frisco

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has pics on how their collection is stored, feel free
to share them
grinser2.gif

SCblur

Enlightened
I second the Pelican endorsement. I use one for batteries, spare lamps and a diffuser, but you can get bigger ones great for storing lights. With the pluckable foam, you can customize them for your specific lights. Great for those anal about perfection like myself.

pelican_001.JPG

pelican_002.JPG

Last edited:

Pila_Power

Enlightened
hehe 1 Vote for anal here... :)

I don't have pics yet but have a big BRIGHT orange peli case with my 5D, 3 or 4 3D mags and other bits. Two level foam inserts for the batt chargers and batts'n'spares for the bottom tier. Lights go on top :)

Might have to get a couple of smaller peli cases for short trips away where I don't need the full aresenal...

That plucking foam is a plucking great idea.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Anal here also!

I have 1040 case in the mail for my E2e with KL1 head, Filters, Spare Tailcap, KL4 and batteries. I already have a 1010 with the BatteryStation 15 CR123a insert.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC,

After seeing those Pelican cases, I'm SOLD.

Those are REAL NICE....gave me goosebumps:lolsign:

Yup, I need help real bad:huh:

Thanks for the input guys!

Ray

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) If you want to display your lights, then you need some shelves on the wall or maybe a glass front storage chest. I have seen things like this for sale at Michael's crafts store.

2) If you want to store your lights, I've thought about this and came to the conclusion that a rolling tool chest would be great for this. They have lots of shallow drawers so you don't have to store your stuff in a deep pile. You can open the drawer and see everything spread out for view. I would like to have one for myself, and I would put lights in one drawer, watch stuff in another drawer, little tools in another drawer, photo stuff in another drawer, etc. Right now I don't have room for one, and it would not be allowed in the living room or bedroom.

Paladin

Enlightened
I use small plastic storage boxes by Plano. The see-thru construction allows finding the right container. And they stack nicely...

Paladin

ianb

Enlightened
I've always had a soft spot for Peli cases, the wow factor when you open them. This one houses my HID and spares...

But in this case you'd have to get them out to show them off, you could make you own cases with some plexi glass at the front? Maybe you could buy a shelf unit and just attach a big bit of plexi over the front securely?

I also love frisco's idea of a Snap on chest, that would be awesome, drawer on drawer of awesome lights :D

Ian

Last edited:

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I've got some of my lights in a small home depot "briefcase" like tool chest and the rest in the top drawer of a file cabinet lined with a piece of felt.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Well after a week of waiting, 4 hours of cutting, and 3 revisions. It's Done! :rock:

My Pelican 1040 with Custom Foam Insert.
Back Row: F04 Beam Diffuser, F05 Red Filter, F06 Blue Filter,
KL1 (Gen4) w/ McR-20 and UCL Lens, Z52 w/ McE2S (22 Ohms), and KL4
Front Row: SureFire L4 body
w/ KL1 (Gen1)

Pelican-1040.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know where I can order closed cell foam like that? I had to pull that peice from another case and would like to get more for future projects. It cuts much nicer than the open cell foam.

Dogliness

Enlightened
I use the Pelican 1470 (left) and Pelican 1200 (right)
Pelican1470s.jpg
Pelican1200s.jpg

The Pelicans are more expensive but they sure are nice.

Last edited: