Blackhawk Night Ops Mod-U-Lok

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I own that holster for my Gladius. It fits on my duty belt, but I can't figure out how it's supposed to be able to rotate. I find that I don't need to use the retention strap, as the light stays in just fine without it.

What exactly are you wondering about it?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I need to know, if the holster leaves scratches or something on the flashlight.
Have you got any negative points?(durability etc.)

You have no idea, how it could be possible to rotate the holder? It must be possible ...

dougmccoy

Enlightened
The holster doesn't rotate but it can be mounted in various positions, ie inclined forwards/backwards or even upside down. However, in order to do this you require the correct mounting plate that BH sells specifically for this holster.

Doug

PS! I can't remember the part number but it shouldn't be difficult to obtain.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Can you find any customs traces on the flashlight?
I had a Kydexholster for my Glock and it leaves es fews scratches in the material.

Can you compare it with the Surefire V70 holster?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
The holster is extremely tight for the gladius, no strap needed.

It could leave marks if taken in and out numerous times.

I dremeled mine a little but didn't need too if stretched. I took a paper towel and wrapped around the light placing it in the holster over night. Stretching the brackets with my fingers loosened it up nicely too.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Ok ... now i'm focusing this nylon holster:
Night Ops Gladius pouch: 52DG03BK
I wrote, that this holster can be worn horizontally. Is this right?

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I have a pre-#5000 black Gladius, so it's the ceramic coating. I haven't noticed any scratches on it, but I don't holster it often...most of the time it's in the case.

I think it's quite durable.

I'm glad that some other part is needed to rotate the holster so I'm not as inept as I was afraid.

darb505

Newly Enlightened
I have the Blackhawk holster, it hasn't scratched up my HAIII Gladius, and I don't see it scratching up the light any time in the future.

The V70 speed holster is a bit of a tight fit for the Gladius, the Blackhawk holster is better (it should be, it's custom-made for it :))

The Blackhawk holster will loosen up on its own, I wouldn't worry about stretching it. In fact, I can see the holster becoming TOO loose within maybe a year from now.

For some reason, mine never came with that rubber retention strap, but I wouldn't want to use it anyway.

The holster is fixed in position, unlike the ASP baton holsters; it needs to be partially disassembled, positioned into a rotated position, and then reassembled.

Hope this helps,

Paul

SteveBB

Newly Enlightened
I just checked my Blackhawk Mod-U-Lok (who thinks of these names?) holster. There are 3 phillips head screws on the back plate that secure the flashlight holder to the belt mount. If you remove these screws, you can invert the falshlight holder, or by using alternate holes, secure the holder at various different angles. Horozontal is not possible however.

Steve

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
alright ...thanks

Can someone tell me anything about the nylon holster for the Gladius?
I like softly more then hard holster ...

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Unfortunately I cant help. Although I've got an early release BH nylon holster for the Gladius the original ones were withdrawn shortly after release for modifications. The one on their website now is the 'improved version'.

AFAIK the BH nylon holsters cant be used any other way than up! The only pouch which I know of (and own) which can be mounted either vertically or horizontally is the Maxpedition universal flashlight holder. From a personal point of view Maxpedition stuff is fantastic. Great quality, good materials and well priced. However, the univerasal FL holder is IMHO too bulky and wouldn't be comfortable on a duty belt horizontally.

Doug

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I had the Maxpedition Single Sheath and 5' Tube ... it was not soft enough and I could not holster my 9P bezel down(5' Tube) and the single sheath had not the right length.
So the BL nylon holster for Gladius is the last chance I think.

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
Would the Blackhawk Night ops holster work with the SL Stinger DS LED or the SL PolyTac LED?

curtispdx

Enlightened
I have that holster and like it. However, it pulled the bezel off of my Inova Inforce...

Delta1067

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty sure the Stinger is going to have too large of a diameter to work with this holster, but it would probably work with the Polytac.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
This is a great holster but its tight for most lights! My EagleTac T10LC2 fits like a glove in here. My 6P...not so much.