K2 V bin flashlight 2 x 123a

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
'not cheaper luxeon iii'. sure, buddy whatever you say.

8 watts?
my 5W HD45 eats batteries fast enough, thank you very much.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, this one has got me curious. The Golston 7w is as bright as all hell. If this is a genuine K2 and they're driving it like mad (like in the "7w"), it could be a winner. I'm not too keen on the high/low/off type of switch, but I'd still like to know how this performs. Can't wait to hear more about it.

:popcorn:

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
freakflag said:
I wonder if Dae will carry these at qualitychinagoods.com?

That's exactly what i was thinking when i found it. I'd much rather deal with Dae.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
Ok, this one has got me curious. The Golston 7w is as bright as all hell. If this is a genuine K2 and they're driving it like mad (like in the "7w"), it could be a winner.

:popcorn:

You were reading my mind :huh:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be intersting to see if it is a K2 (looking at dome). Won't know 100% for sure if it's real either, as it could be a clone and just look like a K2.

V-bin, AFAIK Lumileds hasn't even produced any or shipped any V-bins.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Won't know 100% for sure if it's real either, as it could be a clone and just look like a K2.

Well it does say "real" in the title. You think he might be lying :)

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
they can just put a picture of the k2 beside the flashlight anyday...

but the heat of that light looks nice, the fins there has the oval thingy on them.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify (not implying you read me wrong) but you can tell the K2 from looking into the bezel and see if it has a hexagonal reflector cup. But then again it could be a K2 clone...

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Just to clarify (not implying you read me wrong) but you can tell the K2 from looking into the bezel and see if it has a hexagonal reflector cup. But then again it could be a K2 clone...

It say "powered by LUMILEDS" so hopefully it is not a clone.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather have a light with a 'cheaper Luxeon.' This is assuming they give me a genuine Luxeon emitter. The Lux III beam-tint consistency is better and emitter works better in the power range I like to work with.

I'd rather not have the light at all. The Ebay seller is lying. The emitter is not a K2 Vbin. I've made certain from Lumileds that the PW14-V00 K2 still does not exist. It won't be ready for sampling until the end of this year. This light does not have a K2 Vbin emitter.

An overseas light manufacturer wouldn't steal the Luxeon brand name to sell more lights, would they? Yes they do, they do it a lot.

The light either does or does not have a K2 emitter. The emitter could be a K2 clone. If the light is bright the emitter could be a standard bin K2 or K2 clone well overdriven past tolerances. Overdriving could easily be done using direct-drive with a current limiting resistor. Or forget the resistor and save a penny. The public wouldn't know the difference in emitters until the light broke.

No buyer is going to pay the high price to repair an unreliable light from China that overheated and died. The return postage cost is too high for a cheap light. The wait time is long, reliability and guarantee is in doubt. When you buy the light they have got your money and you have fallen into their trap.

Chinese buyers and manufacturers are into fads. To them, last years toys are this year's trash. When they buy a light is because the style is in vogue. The light is built for looks, made cheaply to last one year or less. In the US we buy for a use. My wife and her family are from mainland China. We know the difference.

There are a lot of question on this light. You will end up buying a light that is always guaranteed be unreliable. It could run 5 minutes or 5 years. It is guaranteed that you take your chances but you could get taken too.

Don't forget- you get what you pay for.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
True blue,

I agree with 100% but i must say the light has a very nice look to it. At least they did a good job with the styling.

John

Last edited:

wwglen

Enlightened
The "V" bin is probably based on what the brightness when driven at 7 watts would show up on the K2 chart.

"U" bin at 4 watts when driven at 7 watts would probably be as bright as a "V" bin at 4 watts.

wwglen

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
even if there was a few V-bin K2's floating around, someone like Surefire would buy them up for testing before some lower end Chinese manufacturer would ever have a chance..