Ultrafire WF-602A led replacement

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I made my first attempt to change the led in this great flashlight.
I got hold of a S-bin LuxI Lambertian, unfortunately the guy I bought it from didn't know the complete bin number. It's slightly bigger then the original led (which I think is a batwing package?) The pic shows the original black led and the new one in a white package.

leds.jpg

I tried to take a before and after beamshot, don't know if it's usefull, taken a about 40cm from a white wall. It's hard for me to tell the difference in brightness. I prefer the tint of the original, but the replacement seems to have more spill and still a bright hotspot. Maybe the more spill is because of it's larger size that makes it reach into the reflector more?

beamshot.jpg

I also have a red batwing waiting to give a try in this flashlight :)

Last edited:

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Ok, nobody's interested yet but as I had fun modding the light yesterday I gave my red led a try today. Less light but I knew that... (unfortunately no bin nr. again but seller rated this led at 42 lumen, I have no clue what it really spits out). I do think the red color looks really nice. :naughty:

Ultrafire-4.jpg

My first red light... I'm curious to find out how much better this is for nightvision (still light here)

Beamshot @ 40cm distance:

beamshot2.jpg

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can tell ya from owning a SL Nightcom the red is much more pleasing to look @ when your eyes are night adjusted. No real sting and you can find what you're looking for.

AWESOME JOB!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uhm, that white led with the white case isn't a luxeon... is that the one you put in there? If so it's somethign different...

Curious as to where you got the leds. Is that red a white case too? Does it put out deep cherry red like 5mm leds or more like red-orange car taillight color?

Put a real lumileds luxeon3 red-orange and it will really put out the light! or even a luxeon1 red-orange (~60lumens @350ma).

I'm still waiting for my order to ship. The 602 is backordered. :(

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
I'm still waiting for my order to ship. The 602 is backordered. :(

Really? I just placed an order today for one. I didn't see anything about it being back ordered?

MM

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I ordered from Dae. I got an email saying my order hadn't shipped (I was wondering where it was) and said that they are waiting on the factory for more 602's. A week or so they were told. (email was wrote on the 22nd).

I ordered a 601 2xAA light too with my order. So once they get the 602 in all my stuff will ship. I should of got 2 of the 602's to play with now that I think about it.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
hmm... the white led I bought from a guy selling it as a 1w white Luxeon Lambertian s-bin. It's the first Luxeon I bought... sure hope I wasn't ripped off. The red led was in a black package like the led original in there. I bought it from the same guy claiming it to be a red Luxeon batwing 1w.

edit:
Oh, I seem to have mixed things up myself :ohgeez: ... it's mentioned as:

super bright 1 Watt White Edison Lambertian Emitter Typ 66lm
S Bin

sorry for the confusion...

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you got it above $10, i think you got ripped ALOT.

it always happens. a newbie getting cheated by people and not knowing it.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I payed only € 5,50 for it, I gues it's not bad.
But the origanal led has a better tint so when I switch back to white I'll use the original led. Red's fun for a while although this one's not very bright.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try a SX0H from PhotonFanatic. That's a true luxeon1 S-bin, with a low voltage forward (meaning if the light is constant current, more runtime. Or if it's voltage boost [this light probably is] then more current to the luxeon). Or even a $7 TW0H luxeon3 would rock!! (even lower vF since it's measured at double the current over a lux1).

Then you'll have a bright light!!