Look for the light...........

DownUnderLite

Newly Enlightened
Went to the football last Friday night with 10 other people. While we were all gathered together, I said that if anyone got lost; to look for the light. Most of the people there didn't know what I was on about. Some of my friends saw my EDC HDS 60XRGT and said " How's a little torch like that supposed to help?"
They laughed being the ignorant football types that they are, and we continued on into the stadium.Well within 10 minutes of entering, wouldn't you know it? Half of the group disappeared into the throng of people. (40,000 spectators)
With the sound of the siren and the game just starting after fifteen minutes of waiting, one of them said "Well? Do your thing with your little torch!!" So I turned it up to maximum lumens and programmed in the strobe. I turned it on and raised my arm and slowly roated 360 degrees above the heads of the crowd. Within 2 minutes everyone turned up!!! And thats with the glare of the stadium lights to compete with as well as a multitude of camera flashes going off. Slowly through the course of the night, one by one they admitted that they would never have found the group without "That liitle torch!!!"
What can I say? Great piece of technology!!
(Gawd it's hard to be humble):whistle:

NAW

Enlightened
Thats a very nice story. Did any spectators around you complain to shut it off or asked why you even had it on?

DownUnderLite

Newly Enlightened
A few people in the immediate surrounds just shielded their eyes with hands or just squinted and looked away. They must have thought I was just another eccentric (or nut whatever way you want to look at it). I was most impressed with the lumens. I did look into the strobe to see just how bright it is. And I saw spots for about 3 minutes!!(Not reccomended):huh:

NAW

Enlightened
DownUnderLite said:
I was most impressed with the lumens. I did look into the strobe to see just how bright it is. (Not reccomended):huh:

I think the group of people you were with should have looked into the light then that way they would have been really impressed.:grin2:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. I've always thought about under what practical, everyday circumstances would the strobe feature on my FFIII come in handy. I now know one! (before now, it was just to turn me into a one-man disco.)