Agony! Where to buy 5W LS????????

Newly Enlightened
After building my Death Star (3AA 1W LS) several months ago, I knew the ultimate light would be a 5W LS tactical light. The trouble is where in the heck can I get one of these fabled, mystical, and elusive LEDs????!!!!

Does anyone have any information regarding the availability of the 5W LS?

Thanks.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
You'll need to go to Lumileds' site and find the page where they list the part numbers for the 5W (I believe it's under "Plug and Play" or something very similar), then open that Adobe file and scan down near the bottom for the part numbers. There are many, I can't list them all here.

And you then call Future Electronics and give them that number/numbers and have the rep do a search on Future's computer system and see which ones they have in stock if any, and then you finally get to order it...not over the phone, they will ask you to hang up and send an e-mail so they have it in writing. At least that's how it's happened for me so far.

Good luck with it.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I'll give those jokers a try.

Are there anyother sources for the 5W yet?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some 5 watt part numbers. The cyan 5 watt is LXHL-PE02, that's what I have.

Don't order through the web site, but use the 800 phone number they give you, and place your order with a sales person. If you do this you'll get a better price.

Future Active Electronics is the sole distributor for the Luxeon Star.

LXHL-LW5C White Luxeon Star 5-Watt (lambertian radiation pattern

LXHL-FW5C White Luxeon Star 5-Watt (side emitting radiation pattern

LXHL-PE02 Cyan Luxeon Star 5-watt

LXHL-PR02 Royal Blue Luxeon Star 5-Watt

LXHL-FM5C 5 watt green side emitter

LXHL-FE5C 5 watt cyan side emitter

LXHL-FB5C 5 watt blue side emitter

LXHL-FR5C 5 watt royal blue side emitter

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com