NEED HELP QUICK

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying "ready" to put my cd player in my truck, i cant figure out how to get the plastic trim off from around the radio and climate controls, i think it jusr pulls out just like my ranger i had befor and my dodge spirit i had befor that. does any one have a dodge that has installed an after market radio?

and how do you change the name of the link and still keep the link route the same.

THANKS

(Moderator note: copy your link - highlight the word you want to be the link - using the WYSIWYG editor, click on the URL/Link tool and paste your link...or you can look the simple vBulletin code - but this is so much easier/quicker.)

Last edited by a moderator:

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Usually on a factory radio there are two holes on either side of the bezel. One at the top and one at the bottom. They make a specific tool that looks like a big "U" that you press into both holes and it pushes a piece of metal over to the side that allows you to slide the head unit out.

If your radio is like this you'll need two of them. You can take a coat hanger and make the appropriately shaped "U" to fit into both sides. You'll probably need an extra pair of hands to make it work but stick with it and you should be able to get it out. Once you remove it you'll see how it was in there to begin with and it will make more sense.

YMMV. :grin2:

EDIT: you said from around the climate control too. hmmm.. remove the ashtray and see if there is a phillips head srcrew behind it. It may just be a matter of finding all the phillips screws and removing the bezel. I was thinking you had a factory head unit that slides out. So my information may not be valid in your case.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know what you mean, my ranger had that but what i am talkin about is the plastic decorative trim around the entire area of the radio and controlls, once thats off, i can handle the rest,

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok i got it but now i have no radio signal thus no xm, the antenna jack is different, also when i was in the dash i saw a grey plug with a black wire and a white wire, the plug was a female with two pins inside, i have no idea what connects to it but my guess is that its for a light that shines onto the cup holder, my friends truck has this but mine has no light, so if someone is adventures look on yours kindly, and tell me what its for, i would ask him but he is anal about it so i am not even going to bother