Warranty of SureFire

Miracle

Enlightened
Thankz all the kind souls here for all the info

I have decided 2 buy a L4

can some kind souls please tell me

when I buy the L4, what will be in the box besides the L4?

will there be an instruction booklet?

does the warranty comes in a card or a booklet form?

I need to know in case I need to use the warranty in the future.

in the event that the L4 develops faults, I know I can contact SureFire directly. But will I need to give them my warranty number etc? What is the procedure?

When I go to the shop to buy the L4, I will check the following:

1) see if there is a 'donut' in the light
2) Look at the 'tint' of the light (I take that the light should be white in color?)
3) make sure the tail clickie is working properly

r there any thing else 2 look out 4?

How do I tell that the L4 is from the latest batch? Is it evident in the serial number? What do I look out 4?

can some kind souls please post some pix of the latest batch of L4?

any info is much appriciated

Thank u

hopefully I will be the owner of a brand new L4

:grin2:

:huh2:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some materials with the light regarding the warranty, but the normal way they handle it seems to be more like thise: If you have a SureFire light in your posession, and are not satisfied with its performance, they will do everything they can to fix yours or trade you for one that does what it is supposed to.

Scott

P.S. I think the warranty registration with SureFire and many other companies, in practice, is more of a means of gathering demographic information for marketing. I have had to return many products over the years, and never once have had to go through the "official" process.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Older SF's used to come with a warranty card. The last 2 I've gotten haven't had that. They come with a rather simple manual, which includes their warranty statement and RMA address (need to call first). Basically, they'll fix whatever you throw at them.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire sent me a new tailcap for my U2 under warranty... no questions asked, fast delivery, excellent customer service. I might add they did this all through email and responded quickly.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In regards to your question about how to tell if it is the latest version(batch). The newer L4's have three rounded sides on the body of the light instead of the flat sides( the part of the body that has no knurling ) The head may be longer also on the newer ones (like the L2's) but I'm not sure about that since I don't own an L4 (just a newer L2).

As far as Surefires warranty, all you have to do is call if you have any problems and they will take care of it, no questions asked. They really stand behind their products. Hope this helps.:)

Miracle

Enlightened
botach_1903_1640170

is this the newer SF L4?

What does the latest batch of Surefire L4 serial number look like?

Last edited:

berto

Newly Enlightened
This light is just amazing I can,t belive how bright this thing is. I also love the clicke switch its so simple.

Miracle

Enlightened
sorry

4got 2 ask

if i use the pila rechargables

will the lumens of the L4 go down?

if so

by how much?