surefire m500 ??

hickorycreek

Newly Enlightened
Trying to decide between the a and the b model. My main ? is with the 500b. Does it throw a beam that just scatters to cover a wider area. Or is it still a pretty focused beam just from a bigger bezel. Would like to go with the b and use the lower lumen lamp most of the time and still have the big one for other "needs". But I don't want to do it if it's not going to be focused/tight beam. Or is it adjustable?
Thanks

Dan_GSR

Enlightened
have you tried either?
I was really unimpressed by the quality of the M500xx
the rocker switch feels really clunky

as far as the beam...you got it all wrong

the M500AB and M500B will have a tighter beam than the M500A, the larger reflector focuses the light to a tighter beam, none of the them have adjustable focus

M500A is the same as a SF M3

the M500AB is the same as a SF M3T

the M500B is the same as a SF M6

personally, if you have quad rails on your carbine...i'd go with m900 or m910

i went with the M900A, it uses the smaller head, which has a wider beam than the big head....now by no means is it just a all over the place wide beam...it is still pretty well focused.....if i ever need to use the light ...it will be indoors...were a wider beam would be more usefull than the larger head , also the m900 has navigation lights....so you have 2 small leds...to help you navigate without killing your night adapted vision

it all depends on how you hold and shoot your rifle
i prefer either vertical grip or magwell hold
if you like holding by the handguard, and your a righty...it will work good for you

hickorycreek

Newly Enlightened
No I haven't tried either. I don't have access to either of them, nobody in my boondock area carries any type of sf weaponlights. Some have a few flashlights. I don't have rails and I am a righty. I really don't care for the vertical grip. thanks for the input.

Dan_GSR

Enlightened
well if your out in the boonocks, and need a light that will throw really far...the AB or B will be nice...those guys have awesome throw

RemingtonBPD said:
Sweetness! Bushmaster Carbon 15 with some extra goodies?

no, just a regular xm15 bushmaster, with eotech, surefire rails, and surefire light