MiniMag light 123 mod

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Very Clever & Cool! I agree, it would be real neat with a Bad Boy sandwich in there! An Opalec would also be nice!

I have been contemplating boring out the Mag head to remove the *wonder* threads and then retap it with mere mortal threads. It would appear that there is enough material in the head for a 3/4" thread mate or even 13/16x20 like the arc and Surefire. Of course to use the Mag switching mechanisim, I believe you have identified an excellent solution!! Nice job BradN and thanks for sharing the idea and getting the mod juices flowing!

- Don

BradN

Newly Enlightened
You would have to use a drop in module, I was thinking the Opalec. The bottom of the mag switch is captured between the original top end of the bottom and the new body. I had to leave it in there, then press it together, so a sandwich style module won't work. Maybe on the next one...

As soon as I got the tail cap threads into the body, I realized I should have threaded the outside for a Surefire tailcap...that would have been cool I think.

Thanks for the compliments!

BradN

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at what everybody else has been doing and decided to try something myself.

One of the mods discussed was to make a 123 battery pack for the minimag AA light. The biggest problem with that is the 4 lead thread on the head/body seam.

What I did was to cut off the top of the body, right below the oring groove and press on a new body I made to accept the 123 battery then bore out the head slightly to take the bigger diameter of the new body.

Works well but I'd like to try a LED lamp assembly for it and see what happens.

Let me know what you think...
Brad
flashlight2.jpg
flashlight1.jpg
flashlight.jpg