Inova T4,5 Lumens?

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know a realistic Lumens rating for these lights. I know Inova has never been accurate with advertised Lumens ratings and I was thinking of getting a T4 or 5 and would like to know the REAL output.

Thanks in advance, Sponge

Delvance

Enlightened
It's probably around 35-40 output lumens. FLR has the output of the T4 at 27 and the T3 at 28. The T3 has been known to put out about 40lumens give or take a bit (lux lottery).

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Thats less than half advertised output. How can they get away with that? I would except a 20 Lumens variance maybe but 60 is just plain lying, sorry someone had to say it :thumbsdow

Last edited:

rider

Newly Enlightened
FLR numbers are not lumens.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/features/output_vs_throw.htm

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OUTPUT NUMBERS are "Relative overall output" - "Qups" output - as found in the newer reviews and measured by my Lightbox Apparatus. This number was divided by 100 to fit the chart better. This is a good approximation how much light is put out overall by the flashlight and in a simplistic way is similar to the way Lumens readings are measured.

----------

A common multiplier used to get a "ballpark" figure for lumens is 1.43. FLR's output of 28 * 1.43 ~= 40 lumens.

The T4 is also listed with a similar output level, although people claim they're somewhat brighter than a T3. You've probably got a 20% variance just due to LEDs.

I'm sure Inova is just giving lumens numbers for the bare emitter, not counting losses through the optic and glass window, etc.

In any type of test where the T3's spot can be diffused, I would say my T3 is brighter than my HDS B42, so I would estimate it to be at least 45 lumens.

[/font]

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title makes it sound as if the t4 outputs 5 lumens :crackup: