I'm not a big M*G fan but 3W LED is very nice!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was strolling through Home Depot this afternoon and looked at their flashlight display.

They had a large selection of 2C Mags for less than $15 and the 3W LED conversion bulbs for less than $16. I bought 2 of each on a whim.

I put them together when I got home and marveled at how nice the lights were made and, more importantly, how bright and round the beams were.

For around $31, they are a bargain. It would have been cheaper but my 10% discount coupon expired 3 days ago.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those modules and lights are still pretty new on the market and the prices are all over the map. Needless to say, generally the price of the module and light separately should exceed the cost of the pre-assembled light, but that isn't always the case right now with comparative shopping (example: a Mag and an Upgrade Module from Home Depot is less than a 2D light from Wal*Mart or an assembled 3D light from Fry's.) With a little time to allow for competition to settle the pricing, they should end up being comparatively competitive from most sources.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Those modules and lights are still pretty new on the market and the prices are all over the map. Needless to say, generally the price of the module and light separately should exceed the cost of the pre-assembled light, but that isn't always the case right now with comparative shopping (example: a Mag and an Upgrade Module from Home Depot is less than a 2D light from Wal*Mart or an assembled 3D light from Fry's.) With a little time to allow for competition to settle the pricing, they should end up being comparatively competitive from most sources.

The same store had factory 4D MagLed's for just under $30 (like $29.97) but I wanted a couple of 2C's.

de177

Newly Enlightened
I was at the h/d by me tonight they had the 4d's led for 19.99..

Illum

Flashaholic
the new MagLED's bulb is all thats different...the bulb itself is said to be regulated by a thermosensing resistor...because of the poor thermo path given within the assembly of a stock mag, the output cannot reach the full 3W...

but...

until I can go and buy my own, test it out, don't take my words for it...