Tornado hit last night...

grnamin

Enlightened
We were driving home to Sleepy Hollow last night when my wife got a call from my aunt that she heard on the news that a tornado may have it yesterday afternoon at our place. No power when we got home. First thing thing I thought of was that this sucked because I couldn't post that I was enjoying using my KL1-R since there was no power. :D Had loads of fun last night. I guess this was to make up for the East Coast Blackout that I missed. :D

The twister tore through, but missed our place. Must not have been a big one. Some trees snapped, shingles and parts of rooftops torn off, a state trooper reported being flipped over several times in his vehicle. Good thing he suffered only minor cuts and bruises.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad it missed your home, they can cause a lot of damage even on a miss, I had to get all new siding and a roof on my last house after one went through and just missed. But I was glad my wife was not home when it happened I was up north hunting.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
had 3 confirmed f0-f1 here
one tore up the dayton mall area.others hit carlisle and middletown.
funny thing was these storms were far from severe limits as set by nws.
bad thing is they were rain shrouded so folks dont identify them as tornadoes till its too late.

grnamin

Enlightened
Thank you for the well wishes. There was alot siding, branches and other debris strewn around from other houses. This townhouse where we live lost some shingles at the middle part, but the landlord was quick to repair the place. :thumbsup: The blackout was, needless to say, a dream come true for me. :D

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
snakebite said:
had 3 confirmed f0-f1 here
one tore up the dayton mall area.others hit carlisle and middletown.
funny thing was these storms were far from severe limits as set by nws.
bad thing is they were rain shrouded so folks dont identify them as tornadoes till its too late.

Gosh Snakebite, I hope there were no injuries or fatalities down there. Are you ok? I heard about it on the news... thanks for reminding me that I have to check on someone else there also.

grnamin

Enlightened
Sorry I missed your post, Snakebite. We hit the submit button at the same time. :D Hope all is well with you and everyone there.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
no real injury or death reported.
a few roofs torn off and power lines down.
the carpet store that was deroofed looked to be a shoddy construction issue to me.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see nobody was really hurt and that you got to play with your lights.