Can anyone recommend a good movie?

fire-stick

Enlightened
Everybody else in the house is gonna be gone all day so I thought I'd watch a movie. (or 3) Anyone watch any good ones recently. I think they have one of those buy two at a redicolous price and get one free deals, so I might take em up on that. I like pretty much anything, comedy, scary, chick flick... well maybe not chick flick.. :popcorn:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my fave movies that's not on the CPF list is called "The Boondock Saints," it's a small-budget film about two fraternal brothers that take on the Russian and Italian mobs. Warning: You gotta be in the mood for a shootemup.

If you like Asian girls like I do, there's an indie called "Paris" starring Bai Ling. Kinda a sad movie, but worth adding to your Netflix queue. (I'll admit that the primary reason I rented it was because Bai Ling looked really hot on the cover hahaha.)

One last suggestion in the indie lineup is "Tough Luck." GREAT plot twist at the end.

savumaki

Enlightened
I very much enjoyed "Free Range" (western), watched it 1 1/2 times.

And 'swimming upstream' you could always get "Brokeback Mountain" which is a terrific 'finger in the throat' movie. (JMO). I watched that one 1/4 times.

sniper

Enlightened
Try "Jeramiah Johnson", If you can find it.

"Blood Work" Good Clint Eastwood.

"Secondhand Lions"

"Dead Poet's Society" Robin Williams is one heck of an actor!

"The Great Waldo Pepper" A good flying movie.

"The Longest Day" A better "Saving Ryan's Privates"

"The Other Sister" a chick flick worth watching

" Striking Distance" Bruce Willis/cop thriller.

"Escanaba in the Moonlight" You are on your own, here.

"The Blue MAx" No matter how many times you watch it, that towel does not slip!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
my alltime favorite movie is Forest Gump.

also, i saw this really great movie from the early nineties about a prison inmate who escaped.... i dont remember the name... anyone?

-David

Illum

Flashaholic
Cheapo, is it "Shawshank redemption" [1994]

Good movie too...

add 'the green mile" to my list

[I just want to post another to get rid of #666 post to #667 post]

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of those mentioned, Bloodwork, The Road Warrior and Event Horizon are ones that I remember enjoying. Also, I really liked the Island. I'm pretty sure Cinderella man is a movie that most everybody would enjoy. It's like a real Rocky (Cinderella man is a true story).

I see the Matador mentioned up there. I've had that one for a few weeks, but I haven't watched it yet. My dad said it was boring, but then, he usually watches movies with one finger on the fast forward button. He may have missed some important lingo (he says he already knows what they're going to say).

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little late for the weekend and these are mostly pretty old, but really good films. Some might even qualify as a chick flick if they sneak home early -- you wouldn't even need to shut the flick off!

WW II flick, "The Train."

60's/70's racing films, "Le Mans," "Winning," and "Grand Prix."

Old mysteries, "The Big Sleep," "The 39 Steps," and "Charade."

007 films with Sean Connery.

Sci-fi/Horror, "The Day the Earth Stood Still," the 50's version of "War of the Worlds," and "Blade Runner."

Weirdly cool films, "Brazil," "The Lathe of Heaven," and "The Fifth Element."

Comedies, "Blazing Saddles," "Airplane," and almost any Marx Brothers' film.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though the free day is probably gone, I thought I'd recommend one more-- "The Greatest Game Ever Played." It's another true story, this time, golf related.

Last edited: