buy led or incan?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ello there.

because i have been reading alot here lately, i am having the side effects; buying a new light.

it is because i read both the led and the incan section , i decided on 2 things but can only buy 1.

should i buy the hds B42 and then mod it with a u bin
or
should i buy the pila gl3 rechargeable with no led tailcap.

this is like the angel and devil talking to me at each side of me.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
Chester,
....It depends on what you want. If you want a superbly well made small light that makes 42 lumens get the HDS. If you want a well made bigger light that makes a lot more lumens get the Pila. IMO the HDS comes with great LEDs and is one light that does not need to be modded. If you want more light from an HDS get the HDS 60. There are dozens of other good lights to consider. I have an HDS B60 and really like it but it is a little big for pocket carry so I always have a Fenix P1 in my pocket and the HDS stays at home. The Firefly 3 has multi levels like the HDS but is smaller and very pocketable. For a little more money than what the Pila GL3 costs you can get the G&P Scorpion 500 which is similar quality but makes much more light and is rechargeable.
jc

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL yea, the price of hds lights are really freaking high, i mean, you can get a a2 for the price of an hds 60...

i think i would go for the pila but i still got time to think...(i have been thinking and resisting for 1 months now)

evanlocc

Enlightened
Phaserburn said:
For the price of the HDS, you can get the Pila AND a Fenix P1 for pocket carry.

This seem to be the favourable option !

As always in CPF you only get option not decision !
yellowlaugh.gif

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm... anyone knows if what is happening to jsburly? i emailed him about shipping to singapore and the paypal thingy but i got no reply.

but i buy the pila gl3 rechargebale arh, becuase the charger so expensive, it will be around 131 lor...

so cannot really buy the p1 together :p

anyone knows of a light that is run by 18650 or 17670 protected li ion and has a U bin LUX III, and is sold together with the batteries and charger for 131?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Wolf Eyes M90 w/ 9V lamp and 2x18650 cells. I got the PCB protected cells from BatteryJunction for under 6 each. You get around 80min runtime per charge, and I bought an extra set of cells for pocket carry. You can also get the body extender for the M90 which will allow you to use a 13V lamp on 3 150A size li-ions for 50 min runtime. Or, you could use a stock 12V lamp with 4x123 primaries.

The M90 with 2 18650s as I mentioned, and a DSD li-ion charger should come to roughly 100USD. The Fenix P1 is around 45.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
i wonder what you're going to use the light for, how you intend to use it, etc.

---- the incan you mentioned ----
the GL3 without LED is a 1 hour per pop light, very bright, nice and floody, and quite a hefty light, both in size and weight. incan bulbs also have a certain lifespan. once it blows, and it will, you'll have to get new ones.

---- on the other hand, the LEDs ----
the HDS is nowhere near as bright, but has multiple levels/runtimes, more a close-range pocket light. excellent regulation but just not in the brightness (and size) league of the GL3. but of course, LEDs don't blow.

the P1 is a one-stage led light, smaller & more pocketable than the HDS, excellent regulation for 2+ hours, but of course ... .one-stage.

anyway, as you gathered, completely different beasts, all of them, but particularly between the incan / led lights.