SnapOn 2AA Flashlight Mod (or accessory?)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have had a SnapOn flashlight collecting dust as evidenced by the alk batteries that had died within. I always liked the rotating head of this light for getting into weird positions around car engines but the stock incandescent bulb and reflected beam were, well, a POS. I wanted to make something goofy to send to a friend so it looked like this light should get updated with LED's. Upon close inspection and considering my lazy Sunday disposition, instead of a custom bezel to house an Opalec NewBeam or some McGuchi Luxeon concoction, I opted for a simple and quick adapter. By modifying a McLux adapter that I have had made in a small production run, I was able to mate a KL1 to the SnapOn light. The light has not been modified and can go back to its stock condition. Besides, my friend has access to his own KL1's so I cut my expenses :)

Snap-On-KL1.jpg

BEFORE & AFTER PIC'S

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
...yet again, another wonderful creating from one of our resident other-worlders.

Darell

Flashaholic
Doh!

Sure it vibrates. And with the finned head, it shouldn't even overheat with extended use. Don't even get me started on the different head positions.

grin.gif

Bet this thing doesn't collect dust now...

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! Now - its only a matter of time before Don attacks the other items in his Snap-On/Rigid/Black&Decker tool chests with those locline adapters and a KL1.

I can see it now - a Dustbuster with the Remora McLux head+BB400/locline extension. Yes! Now you can enjoy constant brightness as you vacuum under your bed at midnite!
grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Doh!

Sure it vibrates. And with the finned head, it shouldn't even overheat with extended use. Don't even get me started on the different head positions.

grin.gif

Bet this thing doesn't collect dust now...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tsk tsk tsk, Darell. With posts like that, its no _WONDER_ poor logicnerd got banned from the CPF!

*grin*
wink.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, I'm bad. And funny you should mention that since I was just now reading that thread for the first time. Poor kid.

This was Thomas's fault though. HE made me do it. Honest.