!!!Light to attach My Scuba Mask!!!

E-Boat

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a cave diver so the bigger light like BarboU-15 that attach to helmet, is out of the question. T_T

I'm looking at UK2AAA and UK2AAA eled. I counfuse me that the led one is more expensive and the out put are only 2 Lumens. While the Xenon one is 12 lumens and cheaper.

What do i missing here?

Oh and nice to meet you all. It's my first time here.
uk2aaa_eled.jpg

I wish there a way to put 1,2,3,4.5w luxenon in it, Because I dont really care about the burn time. My night dive is usually less than 1 hour anyway.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome E-boat!

The LED version is more expensive because of the extra electronic components needed to run a LED off 2AA/AAA batteries.

Have you looked at the UK mini-Q40? It uses 4AA, but it's fairly small as well, and it attaches to a dive mask.

E-Boat

Newly Enlightened
Thank for the quick reply greenLed. So the led one can use AA batteries also WoW !!!

greenLED

Flashaholic
E-Boat said:
Thank for the quick reply greenLed. So the led one can use AA batteries also WoW !!!
Yup, I just bought one for my brother a couple of months ago. Not the brightest light ever created, but it has loooooong runtime and it's UK-quality. :)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello E-Boat:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

I'm not a diver but what I've heard from friends (divers), you will need a really dive-light for diving at night, no clear water or in the depht. This little UK's perhaps are good in the bathroom:grin2:.

If you will take a little one, take a look to the barbo U-04:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1457189&postcount=90

Believe me, the UK's you have postet are only for playing, but not underwater.:whistle:

Best regards

____
Tom

E-Boat

Newly Enlightened
:lolsign: Thank Long John. The uk2aa isnt my primary light or event the back up. For $300 I rather get HID canister or UK canon light.

I just want to put luxenon in it Uk2aaa for fun. Can somebody give me some advise on that?:candle:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF.
E-Boat said:
:lolsign:
I just want to put luxenon in it Uk2aaa for fun. Can somebody give me some advise on that?:candle:
2 Problems:
1 The circuit board in the 2AAA eLED does not have the power to drive a Luxeon. As the Luxeons are less efficient than 5mm LEDs you will probably get a dimmer light.
2 There is not enough space to mount a Luxeon on the eLED circuit board.

There are reported sucess in replacing the stock 5mm LED with a 5mm MJLED. You can also try the SMJLED or Nichia CS.
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/index.php?cPath=48_52_82
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_52_77&products_id=678

Last edited: