Mini LGI Finds A Home

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
While digging around through my junk cleaning up for the new year I came across a little black nylon velcro case. "Naw, too short to be useful for anything", I thought, "It's only about 5 inches lon - hey waitaminute, 5 inches is about..."

I brought out the Mini LGI I just completed ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000942 ) and tried tucking it in. Presto! A perfect fit.

Hoping to find out if anyone might know who makes this and where I can get more:

fce5b4e5.jpg

The Mini LGI fits well in this case and leaves just enough of the head exposed for easy retrieval:

fce5b4e4.jpg

The velcro flap pulls over with just the right amount of tension to prevent the light from moving around:

fce5b4e3.jpg

And it even has a slim belt loop stitched onto the back, perfect for EDC use:

fce5b4e2.jpg

Going by the e-mail responses it seems I might just be gearing up for a Mini LGI run in the new year and would like to offer this case as an option -- so who makes this and where can I get more?

People who reply would certainly be appreciated (and they'd be put at the top of the Mini LGI short list if they were so inclined)...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Smoky Mountain Knife Works has the following:

Nylon Sheath, Cat. # SH1080
It's a 5" sheath that barely fits my Inova X5T (which is 4 3/4") not quite all of the velcro attaches.

The script on eBay for the Novigear 7 LED (now locally aka "Mini LGI") says it's 4 1/5"...so I'd say it may be close to a great fit? Also, the sheath is only $1.99.

May be worth checking out?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Charlie, I see sheaths like that all the time from a surplus vendor out at the flea market.. They typically sell for a dollar a pop. I know that they have smaller ones, as I've found a perfect fit for the CMG dimfinity.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sig and Slick,

Thanks. The actual dimensions of mine are

8-3/8" total length with flap open

4-1/2" to top of pocket

2" wide

although the FRONT of the sheath uses much more material than the 2-inch width of the sheath's back panel and thus forms a rounded pocket, unlike that of a knife sheath which could get away with being flat.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Mr. B - actual dimensions of the Smoky Mtn. sheath:

8-3/16" total length with flap open
2-1/2" wide
4 to top of pocket

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see what I have when I get home from work.. The one that I'm thinking would work for you is being used to hold my PT Attitude.. It looks pretty close to that size.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sig,

Dang! Just misses. The one I have is perfect now...

Slick,

Yah, lemme know...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one I have is only 7.5 with the flap open. I'm pretty sure this was the largest size they had - bummer..
frown.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Well, I never buy knife sheaths, so this MUST be from a flashlight application of some sort where I tore into the light and modded it or whatever, leaving the sheath behind only to be discovered now, long after line-item Alzheimer's has set in...