Oh look, the power's on in that building...

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it was the extreme heat or what but the power went out on Saturday for about 20 minutes. On a lark I ran around the house pulling out every light I had and turning them all on. A few minutes later I hear two people outside chatting (no A/C means the windows were OPEN) and this womans voice says "hey wait a minute, that apartment still has power".

My wife and I just busted out laughing.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a power failure for a few hours from a popup thunderstorm early one afternoon. Myself and my brother were watching tv from a muffled ups system in the living room. Dad couldnt figure out why we had no lights on with the windows open, yet the 20 something inch tv was working just fine.

I am on the fence about lighting up my apartment here in the city when the power fails. Nothing guarantees a knock at your door than opening the window regardless if the power is on or not.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its fuuny and at a personal level for me. At my high point of being able back in the early 90s I use to break cheap and expensive tools working on cars. I was always breaking tools, parts and other things that were supposed to be difficult to break.

Anyway, I bent up my dads breaker bar and a pair of grip pliers in 92. Since I went down hill health wise, lost some vision, ended up in a wheelchair from a muscular disease running its course.

Long story short, with doc supervision, supplements and lots of hard work, I have been out of the wheelchair for little over a year.

I worked on my car this weekend and broke the lug wrench trying to roate tires, blead brakes not to mention filter and fluid changes. Not only did I bend it up, but split the socket part. I asked my dad if he had a breaker bar I could borrow and that was what he said.

Illum_the_nation said:
:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign: I dunno why but i thought that was funny