Legend LX Graduates from Weight Watchers!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Got my Legend LX back from Matt and when I took it outta the box all I could say was, "WOW!".

The difference between it and the stock LX is like night and day:

fcc3cfd9.jpg

Reminds me of a pillar in a Greek coliseum -- after the engineers visited the Star Trek set. And look at that gleam in the finish, it's like no other glassbead application I've ever seen. It almost resembles a silver metalflake paint job:

fcc3cfd6.jpg

And dig those teardrop shaped faux vent scoops. This is machine work at its finest!

Best of all is the grippy rings cut into the body tube. Sticks well to the hand yet still has that same glossy, manufactured metallic sheen:

fcc3cfd7.jpg

The lower o-ring is still visible only because I modded it with the SureFire P61 HOLA, the spring of which does not allow the head to be screwed down further without cutting the spring back. With the stock bulb setup it screws all the way down:

fcc3cfd8.jpg

So now I have a super slim, super bright, super cool xenon incandescent flashlight that can be nonchalantly slipped into a back pocket. Thanks Matt, you Da Man!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah, it is definitely well balanced now, none of that front heaviness of the original. Matt is the artist who did mine, and you need to search for his thread, "Legend LX On A Diet", which I don't see now on the Homemade/Modified Forum so it may be in the General Lighting category.

Matt and I had a special deal worked out from before, so you'll have to contact him directly.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
It's still bigger than an E2, but with the P61 HOLA there is no real comparison between outputs.

Entropy

Enlightened
Out of curiosity, has anyone put a Luxeon into the LX? 2x123 would be a good power source for a 5W, or for a 1W if using one of georges80's stepdown regulators.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Entropy:
Out of curiosity, has anyone put a Luxeon into the LX? 2x123 would be a good power source for a 5W, or for a 1W if using one of georges80's stepdown regulators.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, several people has done it. The LX reflector with a 1W HD makes an great spot beam. I powered mine with a single 17670 size li-ion cell an a small amount of resistive ballast, 1.1 ohm if I remember right. If you search around on the board a bit, you will find that someone has posted beam shots or lux readins of the HD with LX reflector.