Help with a MiniMag

Briggz

Newly Enlightened
Ok I will try a post here and hope I do not get flamed again. :rant: :rant:

I have some mini mag lights and would love to modify them into LED lights. Sure I can go to Wally-mart and get the Nite-ize conver. kit and do this. However I saw somewhere not long ago where a poster was talking about dropping in a sandwick and then "xyz" LED.

OK this sounds pretty cool to me but might as well be in Russin. I have read post, done searches but some of this stuff still eludes me. Would someone please be kind enough to helps me out here? In simple english what should I get and then what should I do to get a pretty interesting end product?

I would appreciate the help folks and remember we all were in the same boat at one point.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sandwich is the way to go. If you have the tools, you can ream out the head of the MM so it will accept the IMS 20mm reflector. Using a good LED (S bin lux I or U bin lux III at higher currents) will give you a light with excellent throw and total output. Here's what it looks like:

IMG_8571_.jpg

This one uses an S-bin lux I biased at 667mA and outshines many Lux III lights I have biased at 750mA. The thing that's cool is the look on people's faces that own the incandescent version. When I push the switch, they immediately want to know where the heck they can get one of those" :D Email me for details.