HDS 60 XR GT? Where to buy?

Doug

Enlightened
Looks like the HDS systems 60 XR GT is the "hot" light from them, but I can not seem to find it for saole... anyone have a link? Or maybe you want to sell yours ;)? Also, how much brighter is the 60 over the 40, I mean, to your eyes? Anyone have side by side beem shots? Thanks!

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
The distinction between 60 and 42 lumens is very subtle. In fact, the human eye has trouble discerning the difference. Both are very bright on max, but both "seem" brighter when powered by the 2x123 tube.

As far as finding the 60 XR GT....good luck. I looked for some time and couldn't find any in stock. I have a U60 purchased here from another CPFer, and couldn't be happier with it. I also have a couple of B42 XR GT and love them as well. The Ultimate model is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, though.

If you're interesting in getting an HDS during this huge clearance sale, the B42 lineup, or whatever's left now, will surely impress you. They are great lights.

Here are some of the dealers:
http://www.hdssystems.com/Dealers.html

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
After trying for a few weeks at the dealers, eBay, and on CPF, I gave up and ordered a B42XR for $95. The GT is nice, but I don't do crazy color-accurate work, and LuxIII/V colors are pretty darn good compared to the first-gen greenish LuxI's, so I *hope* I get a decent color.

(EDIT - as if I need to clarify, but I will clarify that I'm referring to certain crappo-lights that had green LuxI's... obviously LuxI's themselves were not bad...)

I don't mind paying for a premium light, and I don't mind waiting. I just don't like waiting for something I may never find...

Good luck!

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I'm no expert, but I think one of the main differences between a HDS 42 and 60 is the efficiency of the emitter. Both will run for eg 30 minutes at their highest settings (42 and 60 lumens respectively), but a HDS 60 running at a 42 lumen level will run much longer than a HDS 42 at a 42 lumen level.

Doug

Enlightened
So, does that mean that the XR's have lower Vf? And the GT's are X0's?

Last edited: