Just got my MaxLite! >>Beamshots<<

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Light arrived today about 1Hr ago. I have to say this light feels really well built (except the Switch). When i got this light i put my full charged NiMh Battery and nothing:huh2: , i tried the other one and nothing again Double:huh2: . When i finally put a Duracell alkaline from my T.V remote it Worked! The tint is wonderfull and has a great Hotspot! I really despise the switch it felt really weird. It felt as if the spring was grinding against something and also it way too sensitive. Im going to get a another switch from a surefire E series or Mcgizmo. Overall this light is really Great just had some ruff time with the switch and the light not turning on. I also received my L1T the Maxlite blows it away! The Maxlite has a Huge reflector which i like.You can easily see the hotspot inside the L1T's. Thanks.

Serial # 062.

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Just got my MaxLite!

Oooh, take some pics!

So the Maxlite1 is brighter, at least in the hotspot, than the L1T? Can you estimate, by comparing in bounce mode, how bright it is relative to other known lights?
Also, I thought it was supposed to work on a NiMH?...does it need a higher voltage to work?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine---button/switch/spring was lousy when I got it. Get a replacement spring from the Sandwich Shoppe!!! It'll work 100X better!

Karl

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jsr,

It did not work on either of my NiMH. Its still daylight here and will post beamshots later tonight or in the morning. Just ordered a E series tailcap. My L1T is a warm tint and the Maxlite is a Cool white tint which is awesome. I will try some other NiMh. Thanks.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

karlthev said:
Mine---button/switch/spring was lousy when I got mine. Get a replacement from th4e Sandwich Shoppe!!! It'll work 100X better!

Karl

Same here! that why i ordered a E series tailcap. Maybe it will work better?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kinda disappointing that such an expensive light has a crappy spring and requires you to make additional purchases. But I still love the design of the light.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure glad to hear about getting a replacement spring! This is one light that I really am liking, I still can't believe how much light it puts out with a AA Lithium. Made extremely well but the switch is the weak point of the light.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

What type of driver does the MaxLite have? Is it set up for 1.5+ volts only, so alkaline and primary lithium are the batteries of choice?

Bill

Spordin

Enlightened

Karl, how does the replacement spring differ from the stock spring?

Skal: Was it worth the price? More info please! :D

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a Fenix L1P with a SXOH Luxeon in it, how much brighter is the Maxlite compared to my Fenix. I would say my fenix is at least 30 lumens if not around 35 or so. The maxlite definetly looks nice, but when you factor in how much it costs I'm not sure it's worth it unless you are buying it because you want the absolute best AA light available.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine doesn't work on some Nimh brands but works on others which is kind of wierd. It doesn't seem to be an issue of lenght either as I tried making up the lenght with magnets etc.

Karl, do you mean the Aleph tail spring improves the feel of the switch in the Maxlite?

The Maxlite has a small tight hot spot and that is useful for some things and useless for others. You would think of this as more of a specialty light. In that sense it's rare to have a AA light that can throw since they seem to usually be smaller lights for close use. The SF beam shaper works pretty well and I guess you could use a diffusion lens for flood as well.

Thanks

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I have beamshots and now i just have to upload them :naughty:. Sorry but im not really good at taking beamshots but i still tried!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

The battle

Fenix Low

Fenix High

Maxlite Low

Maxlite High

Fenix High

Maxlite High

Fenix High

Maxlite High

Spordin

Enlightened

Skal, so it looks like the Maxlite is definitely not for up-close detail work, as the spot is too bright and there's not a lot of flood. The Fenix has a very pleasing general use beam, but the Maxlite has a kick-a22 spot and lots of throw. Agreed?

I'm debating getting this light. Please, any thoughts appreciated.

P.S. Thanks for the shots!

Spordin

Enlightened

Oh yeah, and what are your thoughts about it's low setting? Is it quite low but still useful? sorry for all the questions comin at ya :whistle:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its ok. The Maxlite's low is Very low and great for perserving night time vision. The High is Very Bright with a phenomenal Hotspot. This light has Insane throw for a 1AA light. It still can be used for close up work since is has a wide spillbeam. The Fenix light has a more diffused beam. The light throws farther than my HDS B42XRGT! Overall this light is Great and im liking it more and more. The Tint is also great.