WHY OH WHY?!.....

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do i keep turning on my new UK Light Cannon?!?!?! It pisses me off knowing that i'm wasting battery - in the morning.
grin.gif

That's right...after MONTHS of complaining and questioning - i finally got my own. I would like to thank member #6 for being such a trusting seller. Don't worry - your money order is on its way!
grin.gif

Let me tell you folks this thing is a beauty. I compared it to my LSI spotlight and it closely matches it as far as light intensity goes. And what's amazing is that my spotlight is a 55w halogen - the ones used for car foglights. The light cannon is 10w and is equivilant to a 24-30w halogen.

Right as it came to my door last night, I had to go to this observation point here in San Diego which is about 60 miles away from city lights and 6000 ft above sea level. My college astronomy class was suppose to meet up there at 6:30pm but since i got my new toy, i left late - of course. I got there - FAST - in about an hour, at 7:30 or so. It was DARK DARK, CREAPY, and LONELY. The parking lot i had to park in only had 6 cars and it was about a 1/4 mile below the observation point and telescopes. And what makes it worse was that there were no other signs pointing the way to the observatory, so i just followed a paved path with an arrow at it's starting point.
confused.gif

Anyway, so i had to walk this thing alone, in a forrest type environment, with the moonlight covered by the trees, and NOBODY to show me the way - came late so it's my fault if i get lost. sheesh.

So being the flashaholic i am, guess what i did - i brought my backpack and carried along all the flaslights i had - i figured it would be the opportune time to test them out FOR REAL! So i had my Princeton tec Attide attatched to my bag pointed down towards the ground, i had my E2 in my left hand, I had my Spotlight hanging from my bag, and i had the Light cannon in my right hand.
grin.gif

THe LED light didn't do much but reflect the ground and mist and off of nearby trees like moonlight does. But it ultimately reduced my capability to see because of it dispersed light relecting off the night mist in front of my eyes. The E2 did an EXCELLENT job in illuminating my path, but only to about 50-70 yards effectively. After that i probably wouldn't be able to identify any animals - so i had this barrier of darkness i couldn't get through. I wanted to use my spotlight, but knowing how heavy and cumbersome it was i didn't use it much. I turned it on to light my path once and all i could focus on was where the narrow beam would illuminated. So even though i broke through the 70 yard barrier of darkness, i couldn't get past the 5ft wide beam - so i had another barrier of darkness to contend with. Also, knowing that both my E2 and spotlight only last an hour or so, i didn't want to use them continuously.

So i decide to try the HID
grin.gif
. Twist the switch to on and a pulse of light flickers as light begins to intensify, and intensify, and gets EVEN STORNGER! WOW my eyes said. You know that feeling that you get after reading a fine print book, then taking your eyes off of it and focusing at a distance? It feels good right, but tired? That's what i felt when i turned this on. Like my eyes could finally relax - it must be the high temperature of the light. Amazing. Now i could identify things out to about 100+ yards, and about 20-30 feet wide. NICE. As i walked up to the observatory, i totally forgot that people were there - cuz i didn't need em anymore
grin.gif
- so when i shined it in there direction, our professor said:

"Turn that thing off or point it to the ground - you're blinding us up here!"

...looks like it's time for me to buy a new RED LED for covert stuff. They had red lighting in the telescope area. It was the first time actually having to use red lights so now i know how important a role they play when trying to conserve night vision. When somebody would turn on their dinky 99cent D sized light - it HURT our eyes. Even turning on my PT Attitude hurt a bit. Just imagine what it was like when i accidentaly turned on my E2.
mad.gif
grin.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
Why do i keep turning on my new UK Light Cannon?!?!?! It pisses me off knowing that i'm wasting battery - in the morning.
grin.gif

That's right...after MONTHS of complaining and questioning - i finally got my own.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEDagent, looks like you have to adjust your signature now.
smile.gif

I'm very happy for you. How much did you pay for it? Just curious.
wink.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Velcro:
LEDagent, looks like you have to adjust your signature now.
smile.gif
I'm happpy for you. How much did you pay for it? Just curious.
wink.gif

Greetings,
Velcro
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I paid $180.00. But what's cool was that the previous owner threw in some goodies that he got from UK. He said he tried to get a new reflector from UK becuase he put some blemishes on the orginal one. But UK sent him the light module (ballast, or starter most would call it) instead - but no reflector. Later on a sales rep just sent him a new reflector. So now i have them both along with the Light Cannon. So for 180.00 - i have the light cannon and a half
grin.gif

What this means is that for all you modders out there - you are probably jeolous right now. All i have to do is buy the 80 dollar bulb and i could start making me another HID light. I just have to make a new houseing, and battery pack.

Once again...Thanks member #6 (Blackz28)

P.S. Hey Blackz28, i was follwing one of your links and i see that you have a blackz28 (duh..) and a 65 Vet Stingray. I know i already bought one of your toys....wanna part with your 65 Stingray?
grin.gif
grin.gif
Just kidding. Let me finish one transaction at a time. Money order will be sent out soon.

WOW! 404HP and 487.3Torque?! Crazy

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
LEDagent,

You forgot to mention the extra carrying handle also
wink.gif
. The 65 vette is long gone (I paid $8,000 for it about 25 years ago, and about 10 years ago I was offered $18,500 for it, so off it went), My '95 Z28 is my daily driver now
grin.gif
, how many people can say that they have a 12 sec (quarter mile) daily driver
shocked.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aragorn, quit teasing! I can't wait to get over there and check this thing out.

Don't worry folks, we'll post a bunch of pics sometime soon!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
everytime i go back to using my other halogen lights, and my E2, i can't help but seeing them as extremely yellow. Looks like my future light purchases have to be LEDs or the SF Hellfire.
mad.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED,
Being some what of an amature astronomer, I can imagine how much those stargazers appreciated your LC. Takes about 30 min to get you eyes dark adjusted, & about 2 sec to undo it. I'm supprised they didn't throw rocks at you.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
LED,
Being some what of an amature astronomer, I can imagine how much those stargazers appreciated your LC. Takes about 30 min to get you eyes dark adjusted, & about 2 sec to undo it. I'm supprised they didn't throw rocks at you.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man...the first person i blinded was my professor. I hope he won't be "adjusting" my grade when he gets back to school.
grin.gif
mad.gif