First mod for myself in a long time...

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Fall, I ordered a full set of KL1, 2 & 3. Well, I finally received the KL1 and KL2 last week. Unfortunately, I didn't have an M3 body for the KL2 to fit on. Thus, I couldn't test it out.
frown.gif

Well, what's a modder to do? Why, make his own, of course. I didn't have the UBHs hanging over my head, since they're at the anodizers, and I decided what the heck, I need to make my own mod. You can see it at the links below.

It is a custom body for the KL2 (or M3) head, and has a Kroll tailcap clickie in the back end, instead of a Surefire type of TCS. It's very sturdy, and I believe nowhere on it is the wall thickness less than 1/8"...
shocked.gif

It's sort of retro-style - I guess I am developing that sort of look for my own.

Enjoy!

Comparison shot.

Full frontal.

Rear view.

Right down the throat!

Look at those ribs!

What you're pushing on...

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Full frontal.

Rear view.

Right down the throat!

Look at those ribs!

What you're pushing on...

You know, if we didn't know what you were already talking about I'd say SHAME ON YOU!!!

But since we are talking flashlights here....
VERY nice! I wish I had metal-working equipment. That doesn't seem like the sort of thing you can make yourself either
frown.gif

Spud

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nice Doug! Good to let the creative juices flow on one of your own!!
icon14.gif

- Don

yclo

Flashaholic*
It looks very nice Doug, very ergonomical. (is there such a word?)

But somehow looking at it reminds me of things I see in the Gym.
tongue.gif

-YC

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spud - it's not MY fault you misinterpreted my PERFECTLY INNOCENT titles...
grin.gif
As for metalworking equipment, you CAN make your own. Look up the Dave Gingery series of books on how to make your own machine tools for some information. I've heard good things about them, but YMMV.

Don - thanks, it is nice to stretch a little...I'm kinda pleased with the results. Now maybe I'll do a 3-cell body for the regular series (i.e. a 9P/D3 sized unit) for the KL3 I got earlier...

Geez, yclo, what kind of gym do YOU go to?
smile.gif
wink.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
THAT is COOL!!!
shocked.gif

If you make one of those "3-cell body for the regular series (i.e. a 9P/D3 sized unit) for the KL3", I NEED one!!!

zackhugh

Enlightened
Very nice, Doug. Speaking of your picture descriptions, only flashaholics could read "full frontal" and "rear view" and see a flashlight body and not be disappointed. I need to email you again about some potential projects.

Steve

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
zackhugh, feel free to email me. My delivery time is still a while (I'm not going to be more specific than that - look what trouble that got me into last Fall...
smile.gif
), but I'm willing to entertain a few non-UBH mods.

Danny, I'll see what I can do re: the 3-cell body. I'll let you know when I make one, and probably post pictures too.