Which Surefire "Legos" do you prefer?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you like the E series, P series, or C series?

My favorite modular setup is the P series. I currently have a 6P, A19, 9P, KL3, FM64 Beamshaper, SC1, holsters for both the 6P & 9P, lanyards, BOG 3W drop in module, and LAs (P60, P90, P91). I'm getting a KT2 turbohead for my birthday. When I get it I will order some 12V LAs. It all started with a yellow G2.

I love my E1e, E2O, and E2D just as they are. I did have a E1L and L4 but gave them away.

I don't want to get into the C series. The wife will kill me if I did.

What say you?!

CLHC

Flashaholic
I mainly stick with the SF.E series, the first gen and next gen head and tail caps. Right now on my SF.E1, I have the GM body with HAIII(?) head and tailcap (nonclicky) setup. That's all.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got some E series compatible stuff: E2e and L4 bodies and tails, Vital Gear F2, Aleph 1 & 2 cell bodies, Aleph2 and 3 heads, along with 2 3w and a 5w light engine, but a HA Aleph2 head on a E2e is the only mix.
My favorite SFs are the ones featuring the "CombatGrip", though.
Nothing elaborate here. A Z3 w/SRTH, Z3 w/black M2 bezel-they both look MUCH better than with the stock head, IMO, plus a C2-HA. R123s in the C2, so 9V LAs all around.
I don't really mix and match. Digilight in the C2, Wolf-Eyes D26 in the Z3 w/M2 bezel, N2 in the SRTH, and a spare for each. Have to keep a P90 in the SC1. The "other" brands won't fit...

Last edited:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
In terms of using them for lego I like the E, P and M series :) but my favourite is the M Series as I keep the others mostly in their normal configurations. I've got a M3 and M6, and the bulbs and an A19 to also make a M3T and M4 :)

BigBaller

Enlightened
I use the E series for carry and backup, the P for general tasks/loaner lights and C/M for tactical use, so I guess you could say I like them all. :)

nightshade

Enlightened
E series here, not only the flexibility of the factory lights, but all the 3rd party add-ons from McGizmo and D.Specks UBH. These additions allow the use of AA batteries, 2-stage and so on.

schrenz

Enlightened
M-series M3 with TH-normal crenelated bezel- different tailcaps (standard twistie, Z48, SW02 or SW01). now the L6 will be one of the next lights , I will purchase.

@Owen:
I've never seen a Black M2-bezel, is it taken from a weapon-light?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
E series for me...

I have an L4 end a E1e, so I can mix & match to make a TW4 or E2e. I also have a strion bulb adapterkit, so it can all run off RCR123 or 17670. Still want to expand the legos with a 1 cell extender, a KL1 and a Vitalgear F2 head...

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
schrenz said:
@Owen:
I've never seen a Black M2-bezel, is it taken from a weapon-light?
They sell it separately. First one I had was from Lagger-Pro. They didn't show it on their site, so you had to call and ask. This more recent one is from Lighthound, and he has on his SF flashlight bezels page.

schrenz

Enlightened
Thanks,

I'm often on John's side, but I must have ingnored this bezel :laughing:
Would be nice on my old 9Z or on the 9P.
Still looking for a Z3, this had been a very nice P90 light, don't understand why it is discontinued :rant:

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are two types of black "M2" bezel.
1) The standard anodised black "M2" bezel:
L5b.jpg

P73.jpg

2) The Hard Anodised black "M2" bezel (from the LU60A Lamp Module for the ScoutLight)

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
I'm somewhat new to the game and been working around the P/G series. Currently working on a 6PL+A19+Malkoff M60L.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am a C and M man myself.
Name the combo ANY COMBO and I have given it a shot.
My current 2 favorites are:

M3 Led head RPM Ti bezel M4 body Z48 clicky.

C2 bezel Leef 1X18650 body twisty cap Malkoff M30. A Nat anno 6P basically!

The sea cucumber has it's place and time as well!

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
C2 bezel Leef 1X18650 body twisty cap Malkoff M30. A Nat anno 6P basically!
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out in the MP for that bezel and a Z48 to make the exact same light. Still undecided on a warm M30 or a Dereelight Q35A 3-mode dropin.

Nova