Do you use the Mini-Maglite butt cap lanyard hole?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a cop, and later and armed Security Officer, I carried and used a PR24 to great effect. It was a pain to run with but there was nothing like getting out of the car and sliding the baton into it's ring - solved a lot of problems before they began ;)

I found people had a similar "aversion" to the larger 4D+ Maglites 🤣

If it's marketed as a weapon, looks like a weapon or it designed for self defense it is illegal in Australia, if it could be used as a weapon you need a valid excuse to have it in your possession OR it's also deemed illegal.

I owned an Arlec 2AA (Mini Maglite knockoff) since the 80s which accompanying me on many "urban explorations" above and below ground, whilst I'm not a fan of the lanyard I do see it's inherent value 👍

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found people had a similar "aversion" to the larger 4D+ Maglites 🤣

If it's marketed as a weapon, looks like a weapon or it designed for self defense it is illegal in Australia, if it could be used as a weapon you need a valid excuse to have it in your possession OR it's also deemed illegal.

I owned an Arlec 2AA (Mini Maglite knockoff) since the 80s which accompanying me on many "urban explorations" above and below ground, whilst I'm not a fan of the lanyard I do see it's inherent value 👍
Does Australia have the same knife restrictions that the UK has? No locking blades, no points, length restrictions, etc.?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I bought my first Mini Maglite LED, I was disappointed to note the lack of lanyard hole.
I noticed the same thing when I bought one of those first LED Mini-Mags too. Thankfully, Maglite realized their goof and brought back the lanyard hole on subsequent LED Mini-Mags.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Australia have the same knife restrictions that the UK has? No locking blades, no points, length restrictions, etc.?

Laws vary from state to state but safe to say unless you are currently carrying it for the immediate use in relation to an occupational/recreational purpose it's illegal to carry anything with a sharp edge.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laws vary from state to state but safe to say unless you are currently carrying it for the immediate use in relation to an occupational/recreational purpose it's illegal to carry anything with a sharp edge.
So, in the city, Mick Dundee's "now that's a knife" would be illegal to carry...right?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife retired her O'Bummer flashlight for this Inova T2.. Gifted from friend @desert.snake

She says the O' lanyard is the best, and luvs her new/old Inova.

The T2 allows me to use up my 123 primaries 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_125518698_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230713_125518698_HDR.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 64

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concealed fixed blades, no matter length, are illegal in CA.. and probably most US states
So, if I need to transport a katana by foot in CA, I should do it uncased and unsheathed? That sounds like a "man with a sword" 911 call, waiting to happen. Logic tells me that the katana should be in the scabbard and cased, out of view.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very much so...

Oh Good Lord... Nonsense like that is why I'm glad to live in the USA, although there are places in the USA that embody that same, tyrannical mentality...mainly on the East and Left coasts. I don't know what it is about the coasts...maybe something in the air or the water...I don't know...but seems like folks there get manure where their brains should be. I'm just glad that The Good Lord put me here in the middle, far away from the tyranny. Lately I've been thinking about moving out of Kansas due to the high taxes, but, I don't know. even with the high taxes there is a lot more freedom from stupidity here than a lot of other places. I may just tweak my location in Kansas a bit.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd have to be careful if pulled over and it sits on car back seat in plain sight. I'd lock it up out of sight and of course holstered..

Here's some dudes new acquisition from Tim Kell made out of Nitro-V.. So does the eye poker on finger ring count as a concealed weapon 🤔
Screenshot_20230702-104545.png

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Good Lord... Nonsense like that is why I'm glad to live in the USA, although there are places in the USA that embody that same, tyrannical mentality...mainly on the East and Left coasts. I don't know what it is about the coasts...maybe something in the air or the water...I don't know...but seems like folks there get manure where their brains should be. I'm just glad that The Good Lord put me here in the middle, far away from the tyranny. Lately I've been thinking about moving out of Kansas due to the high taxes, but, I don't know. even with the high taxes there is a lot more freedom from stupidity here than a lot of other places. I may just tweak my location in Kansas a bit.
Head North..

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Montana and Dakota's.. during Summer.. Hide in Hawaiian islands during Winters.. 🤙
I've thought a bit about that, until the recent wildfires. I don't know...Hawaii is awful expensive I hear...everything has to be slow-shipped or flown in, freight is a killer! And some things are only CONUS...unavailable in HI or AK. Well, it's something to think about and kick around.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, islands are for the rich and famous.
Use to be affordable in Kona on the West side, up in the heights away from tourism.
Living there can be sketchy around the locals. Safer in Montana

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wyoming.... Last great open Frontier in America.
(Seriously, population per acre is staggeringly small. Any city remotely near Colorado is considered a satellite city of that state.)

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wyoming.... Last great open Frontier in America.
(Seriously, population per acre is staggeringly small. Any city remotely near Colorado is considered a satellite city of that state.)
It's on my list of possibilities. When are you moving there? Maybe we can be neighbors.