How does Dorcy 2AA compare to Mag 2 AA?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody compar either 2 LED lights?
I think the Dorcy might be shorter? Does anybody has it?
Any comparison?
All input appreciated.

Chris

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah I's gots they. Them's differnt Dorcy shorter, Mag longer briter two.

marinemaster said:
Has anybody compar either 2 LED lights?
I think the Dorcy might be shorter? Does anybody has it?
Any comparison?
All input appreciated.

Chris

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I *did* have the Dorcy and currently have a Mag. (They FINALLY showed up and I couldn't resist even though I said I would. :) )

I think the Dorcy may have been a touch shorter, but it definitely had a much bluer tint to it than the Mag. And the Mag is much more solid. The Dorcy AA still has that issue of the little metal ring that holds on the tail cap. I don't mind it so much on the AAA version, but didn't care for it on the AA.

The Dorcy is also a 1 watt whereas the Mag is 3 watt, so the Dorcy might beat it in runtime. I never did a runtime test on the Dorcy, however.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I have two Dorcy 2AAs, and they are quite variable in output. One is very blue with a ringy beam, the other brighter with a very white and fairly smooth beam (very slight green/yellow tint). Although peak throw is about the same for both (about the level of my 1AA Civictor or my TLE5 upgrade to the standard incadescent minimag), overall output is about 10% lower than the civictor/TLE5 on the dim one, and about 15% brighter on the good one.

As for runtimes, my good Dorcy is well-regulated on NiMH, and gets 3hr 45mins to 50% with 2300mA NiMH. In contrast, my TLE5-minimag gets over 6 hours to 50%. I'm waiting to see review of the new LED minimag for comparisons. :popcorn:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I saw a Dorcy 2AA (4 - 5mm LEDs) at one of the few remaining K-marts in the area. But it was $20 ... so I think I'll pass. :(