The 5 stages of Tequila

GalvanickLucifer

Newly Enlightened
I heard a joke once about the 4 stages of Tequila:

Stage 1: I'm rich
Stage 2: I'm good looking
Stage 3: I'm bullet proof
Stage 4: I'm inivisible

The wife and I went to a local bar and grill last night to grab some dinner. The smoking section had a karaoke setup. While watching the spectacle from the relative safety of the non-smoking section, I've decided there is, in fact, a fifth stage of Tequila: I can sing. This stage probably falls on either side of the "I'm good looking" stage.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought there were only four stages:

1 tequila... 2 tequila... 3 tequila... floor!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it invincible or invisible? I thought invisible was funny because back when I was a *teenager*, after getting ripped or sloshed, we actually used to pretend we were ninjas and that we indeed had the ninja power of invisibility!

Donovan

Enlightened
ABTOMAT said:
Which stage is eating the worm?
There are no worms in tequila! Cheap mezcal is what you are thinking of...
http://www.ianchadwick.com/tequila/

Q. The worm is part of the tequila or mezcal process.
A. This is a nice legend, but not true at all. The worm is placed in some mezcal bottles as a marketing gig.

It is great that tequila has undergone the same quality resurgence that wine, beer and vodka have done. There are so many good choices out there now for 100% blue agave tequila. You don't have to settle for cheap low quality swill like quervo (it's only 51% agave, the bare minimum to even be called tequila!)

Also, you don't have to pay a fortune for decent quality either. For example Sauza Hornitos (100% blue agave) can be had for the same price as quervo. Sure it's not Patron but still a very good bang for the buck...

Last edited: