New LED light equivalent to ARC LSHP Fraen?

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I haven't been on here for ages.

I need a new light to replace my ARC LSHP Fraen, and want to stay with an LED.

Which light would "replace" the ARC in terms of build quality, brightness, and whiteness? I don't want to spend too much on the light, but also realize that you get what you pay for in life.

I also want to be able to order the light online and have it shipped to Canada.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's wrong with the lshp/fraen?
choices:

1) mod the lshp/fraen with a better led by one of the modders.

2) buy an hds series light (imo better build, brighter, and multi-brightness)

3) if you still want the fraen beam shape them i think only the pierce m10 can give you what you want.(smaller then arc and brighter, iirc has fraen optic).

Last edited:

bigred

Newly Enlightened
I lost the ARC.

I forgot to add one thing. The light HAS to be powered by two AA batteries.

I really don't want to spend a fortune on this thing. It is strictly a work light that will stay with me 8 hours a day. It will get beat up BAD.

Xygen

Enlightened
Let me be the first to tell!!!!
Fenix L2T for 2 stage brightness. The L2P is a little cheaper, not much dimmer but fixed brightness only.
:rock:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pierce m10, simply the best successor short of the mystery Arc LS out there to the LSHP Fraen. I just ordered one and I have a U60XrGT and a PD already!!!

The L2T is a pretty big light that would be very different from the compact LSHP I believe.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
For a affordable alternative -Mad Max 3 watt drop-in and a Fraen optic, both available from the Sandwich Shoppe.

Xygen

Enlightened
270winchester said:
Pierce m10, simply the best successor short of the mystery Arc LS out there to the LSHP Fraen. I just ordered one and I have a U60XrGT and a PD already!!!

The L2T is a pretty big light that would be very different from the compact LSHP I believe.

But he said: "The light HAS to be powered by two AA batteries."
:touche:

mosport

Enlightened
I was going to reccomend a used HDS B42 until you mentioned that it needed to run off 2AA's, so howabout another ARC LS to replace the lost one? The LS design is well proven and it's going to get beat up anyways, so buying a used light is a great option.

Recently picked a banged up LSHF-P head in a trade, for under $20 in parts you'll be able to replace the Fraen with an IMS SO17 reflector (or McR-18 for a little more), install a glass lens, and change the emitter to a S-bin 1watt LED. Great little light for everyday use, this setup is on my keychain instead of the ARC-P now.

The 2AA battery packs are available for about $25-$30 on B/S/T here, try PM'ing arewethereyetdad since he's always selling 'em.