Absolutely smallest 123 regardless of wattage

Abouna

Newly Enlightened
Is the P1 the smallest 123? I'd like to get one for a gift but I'm afraid even the diminutive P1 is a bit on the big side.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix P1 and Fire~FlyIII (pocket body) are both about 65 mm x 20 mm. The P1 is a simple single-level light, the FF3 is multi-level and programmable. Both are quite bright, although I think the FF3 is brighter. Both are among the smallest 1x CR123A lights. The P1 is much less expensive; it would make a great gift.

MicroE

Enlightened
If a 123 light is too big, then step down to a CR2 light. Same voltage, less power, but it's a much smaller battery.

paulr

Flashaholic
And if the CR2 is still too big and you really don't care about wattage, step down to 2x2016 or even 2x1220 :)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
The Pierce M-10 is slightly smaller than the P1, with 1000Mah or 400Mah settings, and adjustable optic.
Truth time! :party:

As measured with my personal set of calipers, P1, and M10i, here are the measurements:

Model:----Length:-----Widest Width:-----Narrowest Width:
M10i-------65mm---------23.2mm------------19.9mm
P1--------64.35mm-------20.5mm-----------18.15mm

So the P1 is actually smaller. Sorry, 270winchester.

However, they're really, really similar in size. The P1 is also a lot more available, a lot cheaper, and a lot simpler. I would suggest the P1 as a gift.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
I have both P1 & M10. Height wise both are similar, but the M10 is fatter and heavier.

The M10 is certainly beefier, brighter and better built, but it costs more than twice as much.

I edc the P1 because it is cheap, bright and i dont feel bad if i drop it or lose it. I consider it as my disposable light.

If you want smaller and has the wow factow, i think the Orb Raw NS would fit nicely. However it takes CR2 i believe.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Orb Raw is one, but if that is still too "large" for you, then what MicroE suggested.

Enjoy!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
TigerhawkT3 said:
Truth time! :party:

As measured with my personal set of calipers, P1, and M10i, here are the measurements:

Model:----Length:-----Widest Width:-----Narrowest Width:
M10i-------65mm---------23.2mm------------19.9mm
P1--------64.35mm-------20.5mm-----------18.15mm

So the P1 is actually smaller. Sorry, 270winchester.

However, they're really, really similar in size. The P1 is also a lot more available, a lot cheaper, and a lot simpler. I would suggest the P1 as a gift.

alright, congratulations, you spoke the truth, I was so very very wrong and I hope you sleep better because of that.

quokked

Enlightened
CHC said:
The Orb Raw is one, but if that is still too "large" for you, then what MicroE suggested.

Enjoy!
Orb Raw is RCR2 light :)
smallest CR123 light would probably be the P1
The Raw Ns uses 14250 batteries that are slightly smaller than
RCR2's again which are smaller than CR123's

With the CR123a light don't look at just the phyiscal size of the thing keep in mind how good the reflector/optics are at getting the light to throw all those photons out to where you need them

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
alright, congratulations, you spoke the truth, I was so very very wrong and I hope you sleep better because of that.
I did, you were, and I will! :laughing:

Seriously, though, if you didn't have both lights and a micrometer, it'd be nigh impossible to see the size differences. I do have those things, so I couldn't resist the urge to check it out. :wave:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Abouna said:
Is the P1 the smallest 123? I'd like to get one for a gift but I'm afraid even the diminutive P1 is a bit on the big side.
:):grin2::)

Well ..... You could consider the Luxogen LR-5 3-Watt , it's cheaper ....... but a nice beam

note : It's slippery/slick ...... a little hard to twist (ON) with one hand (no knurling on head)

Black color is $25.00 (total\shipped)
A good gift price

.................................... TMG/:grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree w/ TMG as an option to the P1. It's well machined and made and cheaper to boot. Less output when measured, but the difference is virtually indistinguishable to the eye. It is slick tho, ok 2-handed, harder 1-handed. It's slightly longer than a P1, but the difference is minimal in what can be felt. I prefer the styling of the LR5 over the P1, but that's personal taste.
For a gift to a non-flashaholic, I wouldn't suggest lights that require rechargable LiIons (R123A, RCR2) like the FF3. That requires them to have the charger and remember to charge batteries. Most non-flashaholics I know just want to throw in a new battery.
How about something longer, but slimmer? This is often a better "feel" for most people when they carry the light in their pocket. A AAA light would be nice then and there's quite a few options from Fenix (L0P, E1, E0), Huntlight (FT-A3), and several offered by Dae (Ultrafires and other brands I think). They vary in output, but are slim and easy to pocket. I personally don't mind the fatter 123A lights, but my pockets are a decent size.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
...For a gift to a non-flashaholic, I wouldn't suggest lights that require rechargeable LiIons (R123A, RCR2) like the FF3. That requires them to have the charger and remember to charge batteries. Most non-flashaholics I know just want to throw in a new battery....
I've actually found the opposite. I've gifted several 123A lights, some with RCR123A and nanocharger, others with primary CR123As.

In general those getting the non-rechargeable units are a little confused. "So I shouldn't get the replacement batteries at the store? I should order them through the mail?" After his first set of batteries ran down, one friend just quit using the light. I brought him some new primaries and re-explained how to order them from Batterystation.

By contrast those who received rechargeable units loved them. It frees them from expensive retail CR123As, or having to mail order cheaper ones. They already recharge many devices: cell phone, PDA, electric shaver, electric toothbrush, digital camera, etc. It's just one more item and the procedure is familiar.

Abouna

Newly Enlightened
Good points all. Actually it is for my father (we live next door to each other) so charging is a non-issue.

However, I discovered the E0 yesterday and put in an order for one. Should be better suited for him.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
we're all still waiting for Jochen's (aka: ArsMachina) AM-Ti1 titanium light, which for now has been put on hold.

uisng a 123 battery, i believe it was to be 57mm x 21mm.

that will make it smaller than the P1 or M10i.

time will tell...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Try a pre-owned Arc LSH-S or LSH-P if you want small and classic. My LSH-P twisty, modded by CM, with an SWOH for a moderate 250mA's to the led, measures 61.25mm X 23.9mm.

Bill