Is it supposed to operate a L1T with one hand?

ciam

Newly Enlightened
I'm a rather new kid on the block on CPF. After I joined CPF a few months ago, I must have read over a thousand posts, along with flashlightreviews.com, to draw up an extensive flashlight shopping list. But as soon as I discovered Mag85, I couldn't resist and dived right in, casting the list aside. Only now do I start getting these lights, and my first one is a L1T.

I bought the light from Fenix-store.com. It took about 2 weeks to reach me here in Canada but it's none of 4seven's fault; he shipped it the next day. Anyway, the wait is worthwhile. The build of the light is really solid and sturdy. All the threads are well lubricated. The beam is without any artifacts. The high and low settings work like a charm. Some may find the "low" setting not low enough for their liking. But it suits me just fine and it's the level that I usually operate my L1T on. I seldom find the need to use the high level myself.

But that doesn't preclude me from playing with the light to turn it from high to low and back and forth. I try to hold the light and turn the bezel with one hand, with a little difficulty though. After a while, I have a sore thumb.... I wonder if it's just my clumsiness and other people could do it more easily. Is L1T designed to be operated with one hand?

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Hi ciam,

I am a owner of the L2T and i tried to simulate you operation by holding my L2T on the top half and trying to turn the bezel. I just found out that its kindda difficult to make the bezel budge while holding the top half only.

But if i utilized the whole length of the L2T, I find no trouble at all to twist the bezel around. I concluded that given the short length of the L1T, your thumb has little surface area contact with the L1T and not to mention the odd angle of your fingers to turn the bezel.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

scott

Enlightened
I have a clip from a Streamlight Jr on my L1T with the clip attached at the bezel. Besides allowing the L1T to go on a ball cap brim, it also gives my thumb some traction for turning the bezel. Hi, low, hi, low, easy.

Scott