Ultrafire 602D batteries?

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I just received an Ultrafire 602D which uses 1 cr123a battery, can it use rechargable 3.6volt batteries or do i need to keep with the panasonic 3.0 volt from circuit city?

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I already have a charger and some batteries for a xenon light i have. Does that mean this light can handle the extra voltage of the rechargables without hurting it?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good question - I'm trying to find that one out too. My guess is they will work on it but don't trust my guess with your light. I'm trying to use the search function here to look for answers but CPF seems to be having a problem with the search funciton right now.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terry_Dodson said:
Thanks. I already have a charger and some batteries for a xenon light i have. Does that mean this light can handle the extra voltage of the rechargables without hurting it?

Hi,
I guess the best solution is email to Dae of qualitychinagoods and ask him.
2nd - since your UF 602D stated in that website as UltraFire® 3W 1xLIR123A WF602D1 - HA III - regulated i think it can take on RCR123 since the LIR123A stands for Li-Ion Rechargeable.

:)

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I got this response from Freya at QualityChinaGoods:

"sorry that I made a mistake of the 602D1, BOTH the 602D1 and 602D ONLY
can use the CR123A 3.0V batteries."

:awman:

xm_8

Banned
Is the Ultrafire 602D bright? How does it compare to a Q3? What's the runtime? Is it a flood or spot?

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about runtime yet, i just got this light a couple days ago and i still have my first battery in it. As far as bright yep it is bright. It is brighter than my Nuwai TM-301X-3 ( which uses 3 cr123a batteries) and also brighter than my Fenix L1T. :rock: If it had a high/low and clickie it would replace the L1t as my EDC.

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I did slip one of my 3.6v rechargables into mine and tried it but only for a minute or so. It seemed to work fine, the body near the led did not get warm and it was a bit brighter. I just didn't want to use it too long just in case. Has anyone using the 3.6v rechagables left it on very long? If it does burn out the led can i just replace the LED with another and if so what bin would you suggest for use with the 3.6v batteries?

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terry_Dodson said:
I got this response from Freya at QualityChinaGoods:

"sorry that I made a mistake of the 602D1, BOTH the 602D1 and 602D ONLY
can use the CR123A 3.0V batteries."

:awman:

Well,
I did ask them about the UltraFire® 3W 1xAA Flashlight 602A - regulated whether it can use UltraFire® Lithium AA 900mAh Rechargeable 3.6V and they did contact their supplier and shortly after that i got an email saying that this light can only use alkaline AA 1.5v anymore than this voltage would fried the light :candle: