Favorite Halloween/Trick or Treat light????

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
What light do you carry when taking the little ones Trick or Treating??? Incan? LED? MODs??? Hybrid???

thk

Newly Enlightened
I know what light I'm going to have when the kids come trick or treating.

Gladius on strobe mode!

Just kidding. Maybe. :whistle:

molite

Newly Enlightened
Last year my girls went with about 6 other kids and I gave each kid their own 1 watt LED. The kids had never been intrusted with such nice lights. I think they had more fun with their lights than the candy. It was so cool to see that even a kid can apprciate a good lite.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have kids trick or treating any more, but when we did we used some type of light with a glowing cone or end (or a lantern) to enhance visiblity for vehicles, along with a normal flashlight. If I was giving the kids one of my current lights it would probably be the X5, long battery life and lots of floody light to see by and attract attention from vehicles. Perhaps give them a nice lantern that can be seen 360 degrees.

Led-Ed

Enlightened
I use a GE CFL lantern that I got at Costco.It allows us to be seen from all sides and lights up the area very well.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two this year... McLux Ti 27LT X-bin for walking around, and Mac's Torch to really light thing up when needed. :laughing:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping to use my Surefire M6, with AWR's HDM6 rechargable pack, but only time will tell I guess.

If that doesn't happen, then I'll be using my L2 since it puts out a huge wall of light for all to be able to see to walk with.

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
The best I've found are the light-up Star Wars light sabers! They look great at night for visibility and safety, especially since they are always waving them.

For those of you unfamiliar, they look like a 3ft long signalling beacon.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I've got a niece and nephew that are 6 and 9. I'm not going out with them on Halloween but I thought I'd set them up with a couple nice, new LED lights instead of their cheap Dorcy gel incans.

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/12-led-ghost-ii-p-210.html

Not top shelf, but should be an improvement over the yestertech Dorcy lights. I'm going to make a 2' lanyard and attach them to the kids using cheap carabiners. Hopefully the'll survive the night.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my choice....

Superfriends2.jpg

Superfriends3.jpg

Superfriends1.jpg

Superfriends4.jpg

Superfriends5.jpg

I found these awesome kiddie lights at the A&P today! I just love them. They are cheap, alot of fun and I don't even have kids!!! The wife gave me a bit of grief picking them up, but hey you've just got to get in the spirt somehow!!!

MSax

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the kids get cyalume glow sticks around their necks, and I take my Electrolumens FT-3C and an IssacHayes custom R/O MiniMag Mod. The r/o is perfect for mood lighting while we are walking around, and the FT-3C if for drivers that are going too fast or might want to get a bit too close.

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
The Inova 24/7 is pretty fun to play with on Halloween with all the different strobes and such.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag 85 and lion cub with a 150a body for double runtime.

clipse

Enlightened
We might get to take our little nephew. He is only one. So, the flashlights will be for me and my wife. I will be sporting the HDS EDC U60 in my front pocket, and probably the G&P Scorpion R500 in my back pocket while walking up to houses with a 1050 lumens Maglite in the car. My wife will have her Streamlight TT 1L and probably my Surefire A2.

I'm planning on getting a few of the Garrity glow sticks for other wandering kids as well.

clipse

Blazer

Enlightened
When I walk around with the kids I wear an Inova 24/7 on the included neck lanyard on the intermittent strobe function (one white strobe every 2-3 seconds) with a gladius in my pocket and an HDS EDC U60 on my belt.

My kids each get an Energizer "pull light" that hangs on a lanyard around their neck. It's kind of a button battery powered light that is a 5mm LED so it illuminates the ground in front of them, but is visible from quite a distance. You pull the body of the light against the lanyard and it turns on and off with alternate pulls, I guess you could call it an inverted clicky switch. They're light, inexpensive, and great for me to keep track of the princess and witch.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good spirit msaxatilus :)
great pics

Thanks buddy!

I forgot to mention that when you pull the little trigger on the back the mouth pops opened an the light comes on. Best part, the Ghost goes "BOOOOO!!", the Werewolf howls, and Frankie yells out "GRRRRR!!". When you pull the trigger again and the mouth closes and the light goes out.

They are really fun.

Maybe I should mod one of these guys with WA1185 and a couple of 18650s?!?! :laughing:

MSax