So our new Target just opened...you know where this is going.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have a MUCH nicer selection of lights than Walmart. They had a bunch of Inova's. I picked up the Inova keychain light. Pretty nice actually, I like the 3 modes. Then I saw a River Rock 1AA and scooped that up. It has the Nichia 5mm LED in it. Its pretty bright but that optic drives me crazy. It projects a perfectly round spot with a dark ring around it. Going to have to mod this one. I wonder if there is a reflector that will fit it. The build quality is decent. That strobe mode is useless in my opinion, they should have just put a low mode. Anyway, I've been going a little crazy picking up these little lights all over the place. I should back off and concentrate on modding these lights. Anyway, just thought I'd share...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is it with my local Target? All they have is Coast/Eddie Bauer/etc. "lights." If I want a decent selection of flashlights at a brick-and-mortar store, I go to Fry's.

TMorita

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
What is it with my local Target? All they have is Coast/Eddie Bauer/etc. "lights." If I want a decent selection of flashlights at a brick-and-mortar store, I go to Fry's.

There is a Wal-mart down San Antonio Road off 101 that has a bunch of flashlights, and the Target in Redwood City has a reasonably good selection too.

Toshi

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:

My Target has the Coast/Eddie Bauer over-priced crap in the camping section. Then they have a much larger display near the car accessories with a lot of good lights at good prices (Inova's, Dorcy's, RR's, Mag's, etc).

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the light section is across from the luggage at my Target. But alteast there's a "Flashlights" sign on the end post.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
When we're going to see Surefires or at least Streamlight products at Target stores?

Heck, not even do they sell Princeton Tec lights... Is this too much "premium" for mass consumption in the U.S?

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was in our newly opened Target this morning. I saw like the rest of you, that they now have XO's and XO3's in addition to the X1's and X5'..

Now being used to my MillerMods L2P I wasn't at all impressed by the output or tint of either XO. I think my L2T was more impressive. The XO was $39.99 and the XO3 was $54.99. The build quality like all Inova's is outstanding, but I don't buy lights to look at or use as a hockey puck. They need to do something about the output of their lights. I still like the X5 for other reasons though.

It looks like they finally sold out of the River Rocks, but they now have some new LED lantern in yellow that looks like it might have a Jupiter LED in it. It was $39.99.

I left without anything...