Upset about Brinkman 1W luxeon headlamp

spyderknut

Enlightened
My 1W Brinkman headlamp had ED.:awman:

I had not even exhausted the first set of batteries on the damned thing. The little plastic "spring" that holds horizontal aim adjustment just did not work at all and eventually snapped and fell out. When I was trying to disassemble the light to see if I could rig a fix, I busted one of the arms holding the body to the headstrap.

I wrote to Brinkman to complain. No reply whatsoever! I mean, I know I busted the thing but I think the spring is a weakness in the design. I don't want to take advantage of Walmart's generous return policy.

I guess I will just have to rely on my Stenlight.:grin2:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
spyderknut said:
I don't want to take advantage of Walmart's generous return policy.
Why not? You must work as hard for you money as everyone else. Would you reconsider if it was a $200 product instead?
Not trying to break balls, just wondering why you aren't getting refunded.

spyderknut

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
Why not? You must work as hard for you money as everyone else. Would you reconsider if it was a $200 product instead?
Not trying to break balls, just wondering why you aren't getting refunded.

$20 lesson in my book. If I still had the receipt and wrap still handy or if it was a $200 item, yes I might bother. As it is, I busted the thing trying to disassemble it. I found the screws under the foam pad after it was already busted. Disassembly would have been a lot easier if I'd seen the screws.

What I am most disappointed in is Brinkman's lack of reply to my email. Not a word. First and last Brinkman product I will buy.