E2D LED

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Is there such a thing? I really want the E2d but I do not like the 60 minute runtime of the incan. Is there any conversion or mod out there to make the E2D an LED??

91bravo

Newly Enlightened
I'll second that! I also like the black HAIII,the small form factor of the E2D, but the 60 minute runtime on expensive CR123 Lithiums has kept me from buying this light.

xdanx

Enlightened
I wonder if it is possible to switch the bezel ring of an E2d head with a black Kl1 or Kl4. Has anybody tried this yet?

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Wow!! That was quick responses. I thin I have seen the KL1 in black HAIII but I dont remember where. The only problem is that the KL1 would rid the E2D of its "teeth" on the bezel end. I wonder if Lighthound has or would know of anything...

AW

Newly Enlightened
This has been done :grin2: :

E1e.jpg

E1eD.jpg

E1eB.jpg

E1eA.jpg

E1eE.jpg

xdanx

Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
Wow!! That was quick responses. I thin I have seen the KL1 in black HAIII but I dont remember where. The only problem is that the KL1 would rid the E2D of its "teeth" on the bezel end. I wonder if Lighthound has or would know of anything...

I'm talking about putting the crenelations on the Kl1/Kl4.

IMG_1003.jpg

X Racer

Enlightened
You can remove the E2D bezel and use it on a KL4... You can't do it with the KL1 though as it doesn't have the removeable bezel like the KL4 does...

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1 is available in black, and the KL4 is as well, but its much rarer. Look for a M600a scout light for that head.

All KL4 and first gen KL1 can take the crenelations from the E2D bezel, but I don't think it will work with a current KL1 (which happens to be the easiest one to get in black). Its the black part that makes this tough to put togather.

I'd go for a tapped out E2D bezel and eCan like AW shows above. Thats going to be your cheapest and easiest method.

schiesz

X Racer

Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
So if I get the KL4, I can use the bezel of the E2D on it? I did not know that... Do you have pics?

I don't have a pic, but yes you can... I have a KL4 with an E2d bezel on it sitting right next to me here...