brightest tiny flashlight?

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
i remember a lot of options a year back. one with a zinc battery or something? something i can carry on my keychain

i guess runtime is important too, since it will be like my most convenient edc (e.g. i have an edc knife, but i sometimes end up using the leatherman micro on my keychain more)

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Meeshi_ma

Newly Enlightened
An Arc-P or Millermods Arc is a good choice for a keychain light too - just a little longer than a AAA battery.

There's a similar sized Huntlight and Fenix as well.

I realize that a photon light is smaller, but these will be brighter and still have decent run-times and be keychain-able. I have an Arc-P on my keychain.

Meeshi_ma

Newly Enlightened
Just re-read your post - without a price range it's hard to recommend something... I mean, an Exolion SS would fit your bill perfectly, but it may be a little spendy.

I'd look at the MillerMods Arc w/ the 1.5W high.

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1, Easily fit on your keychain in holster or not, Brighter than the Nuwai QIII, and Mag Led, It is awesome, runs on one CR123

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Raw Ns but it is a bit on the more exspensive side. For keychain use I'd try a Fenix L0P SE, oh and I like the P1......

Ahh buger it, buy em all!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the brightest would be the Raw NS with K2, but it has pathetic runtime (13 min to 50%) and is unregulated as well. It is also quite expensive.

I suggest either the Fenix P1 which is very small, quite bright (40+ lumens, and much more on rechargables) and runs for around 2 hours of full regulation. It also costs right around $40.

Another suggestion would be the newly released LOPSE. 3 stage luxeon keychain light that looks to be a real winner. The Fenix EO is very similar to the ARC AAAP but it is fully regulated for 9 hours on an alkaline, and even more on a rechargable or a lithium. Did I mention it is only $20!!!

metalhed

Enlightened
ZippyDan said:
i remember a lot of options a year back. one with a zinc battery or something? something i can carry on my keychain

I believe the Firefli is the light you are talking about. It can be found here:

ZA-4 FireFli led micro flashlight

and there is a review here:

ZA-4 FIREFLI FLASHLIGHT

Not the brightest, but certainly one of the smallest LED lights you can find.

Hope this helps your search.

wmirag

Enlightened
Inexpensive but very good: Photon Freedom (carry two for $20).
Infinitely adjustable brightness.
Bluish white color with wide hotspot.

Moderately priced but excellent: Arc AAA.
I believe you get 5 hours regulated light and then some moon mode.
Angry blue color, mild flood with wide hotspot.

Expensive but excellent: Jill DD.
20 hours unregulated - but at 15 hours comparable to Arc AAA.
Very white beam with excellent spill and surprising throw from hotspot.

Very expensive but superb: CR2-Ion.
20 hours regulated low, 1 hour regulated high.
Pure white color, wide flood beam with almost no hotspot.
Useful low, stunningly bright high.

W.

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
im between the Orb Raw the CR2 Ion and the Fenix P1. in order to make a decision i need more info/opinions on the output. im looking for a light that compares well to full size lights. of course usability is also important - so in that regard regulation and long battery life are fantastic. qualities which make the P1 and CR2 stand out. balanced with that is how much light is being put out. im assuming the P1 at the cheapest also puts out the least light and least throw

the CR2 claims 50 lumens and is the most expensive of all, but with regulation. im finding more concrete numbers on the Orb difficult to find. at 100% (which doesnt last long) about how much brighter is the Orb than the CR2 at regulated output and how much brighter are those two than the P1. a better idea of the 100% Orb vs CR2 vs P1 is what i need before i buy. (if i compare the Orb at 100% then i can judge how poor it would be at 50%)

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I have no experiance with the other two lights but I won the P1, It will throw, and put out alot of light, Just because it is cheap does not mean it is no good, If you walk into a pitch black room and turn on the P1 you will think you flipped the light switch, Go to

www.flashlightreviews.com

compare all three lights, run time, Throw, overall output and then see,
jon

dchao

Enlightened
Lights at this size, it's all about compromises:
CR2 Ion for flood even beam
Orb Raw for throw (get the K2 emitter)
Fenix P1 for long runtime (larger CR123)

benp1

Newly Enlightened
the cr2 ion has a flood beam, not a throw beam. as such, you can't compare how bright it looks, it has different uses

with a full battery, the orb raw should be the brightest, and when you buy it you can order different LED bins. It comes with a T bin as standrad, I ordered a U bin for £6 extra but you can get the K2 as well