Flupic Question

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
If I wanted to mod a flashlight with a flupic boad, what LED bin is best to use? TxxH or UxxJ? Becasue I have seen most people modding with flupic boards seem to be using u bins. It would run on 1 rcr123. Thanks

Doug

Enlightened
You can look for msgs from "goldserve" (Kevin), he is the creator ... how many batteries (as far as I understand), is based on the Vf of the LED, the last letter in the "code" for the LED, so, UX0S for example, looking up the list at:
http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm

we see that it would need 2 3 volt regular (prime) (or 2 3.7 rechargables) to give you the rated output of the LED.... does this help?

Doug

liteMANIAC said:
If I wanted to mod a flashlight with a flupic boad, what LED bin is best to use? TxxH or UxxJ? Becasue I have seen most people modding with flupic boards seem to be using u bins. It would run on 1 rcr123. Thanks

Walt175

Enlightened
I've modded 3 lights with FLuPIC's. 1 used the stock led, the other 2 are using SXOH's. The SXOH's are nice and bright as well as very white.

vortechs

Enlightened
liteMANIAC said:

Most people who are paying for a FLuPIC probably want to use the brightest Luxeon-III LED's available and go with UxxJ (since UxxH or Vxxx are not currently available).

The main reasons to use the TxxH would be the lower cost of the LED or the lower Vf, which gives the ability to run fairly well on 3V primary cells (since 3V is close to the H-bin Vf). The light's performance with 3V primary cells may not be important to you if you are planning to run it with one 3.6V RCR123 cell.

Doug

Enlightened
Kevin, you might want tio qualify cheap and expensive, if, the cost is only a few $ difference, it does not matter.... I am not personally not up on 3w LED prices, as I have only recently purchased 5w's...

goldserve said:
cheap: txxh but still bright
exp: uxxj

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
UxxJ = Brighter... pretty much forced to use LiON's
TxxH = Less Bright... yet allows for lithiums primaries better

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody. I think I will be going with a u bin. It only costs a few bucks more than a t bin and no compromise on brightness.