Pila GL4 battery problem

mooman

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Pila GL4 with with the 12 volt lamp. When I load in 4 CR123A batteries, I am not getting good contact between the battery and contacts. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a brand specific problem (i was using Energizers)?

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new Pila GL4 and I cannot get it to turn on. What am I missing here. batteries are good and I can get nothing to turn on. Not the incan lamp or the LED tailcap. Nothing.

Thoughts?

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Hope your problem is this easy one:
When you have LED tailcap, you have to put batteries "+ end" towards it..
NOT towards xenon!
It isn't mentioned in manuals for some reason.

greenLED

Flashaholic
What Jauno said.

I've seen instances of 18650's being too short to make full contact, but I've never had that issue with 123's in my GL4.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Gl4 and like it a lot. There is a lot of room in there (I am sure to acomodate the wider rechargable batts) I have not had a issue with it not fireing though. As to throw, I have given away my stinger and sold my ultrastinger a while back. I believe it will easily out throw the stinger, while the ultra stinger might send a narrow beam a little farther than the gl4. Keep in mind, the the gl4 (550) is putting out way more overall light. (however the ultra stinger can be used for much longer thatn 5 minutes at a time:))

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casebrius said:
if any of you have SL Stingers, how does the throw of the GL4 compare to that of a standard Stinger?

No comparison, The GL4 is way brighter and has more throw even with the low output lamp.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
If you look on the inside of the battery tube(tail-end) you will see sticker on the inside with a "+". This indicates how to install the batteries.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Guys,

You probably know we have several reflector modules suitable for the GL4 with 2x600P rechargeables. Pick what you want.

Mark

greenLED

Flashaholic
Duluth Diesel said:
Yep, saw that and from what I've been told, with a new GL4 and LED tailcap, those stickers inside the tube are 100% backwards.
They're "backwards" only when comparing old-style and new style lights; they're not placed backwards (at least in the lights I've seen).

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
Well, the one I just bought last week had the + at the xenon end and the - at the LED end. That is correct when you have the normal tailcap, but completely backwards for the LED tailcap to work. + needs to be toward the tailcap on the new ones.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Duluth Diesel said:
+ needs to be toward the tailcap on the new ones.
Weird, that's not how my new style GL3 works. I just checked, and:
  • My new style GL3 must have (-) towards the tailcap for the LED to work.
  • My old style GL3 must have (+) towards the tailcap for the LED to work (my old style GL4 also works this way).