Does the magnet keep falling off your "humvee" SafeLight?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem. I've had the magnet fall off of three clips now and that's one of the primary ways I use the Humvee. I have them on door frames. :) Anybody know how to fix this and perhaps replace them with STRONGER magnets? The ones that are currently on the clips are pretty weak. :sigh:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've had that problem. When and if they fall off, I then use Gorilla glue - they're not falling off with that!!

thunderlight

Enlightened
Since I put mine on the refrigerator, I have the opposite problem. The lights fall off the magnet. More importantly, I've had exactly the same problem with my SafeLight Companion, essentially same as Humvee, as well as the new Superbright.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehehe... okay the light falls to the floor as the magnet stays stuck to my doorframes. :ohgeez: :D

I think I should of stressed the second part of my question. Anybody know where to get more powerful magnets that will fit in the magnet slot properly? I figured I can epoxy anything there, but wanted something roughly close to the shape and size of the original. Even before the 'light fell off the magnet', the whole thing slide down toward the floor from the vibrations of the doors getting opened and closed all the time. :D

Sable

Enlightened
I'm not sure of the size of a magnet on this flashlight, but this place (Forcefield Magnets) will happily sell you all kinds of neodymium magnets - from ones that are fun to stick things to the fridge with, all the way to a couple that will happily crush your hand into goo if you're unlucky enough to get said hand between a pair.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fridge's Humvee fell off it's magnet in the summer, since my apartment gets sweltering. Superglue is now holding the magnet to the light just fine.