Anyone else use led stobes for trick of treat?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
When we take the kids trick or treating I equip them with led strobes. Got them online and have seen alot of nightime bicycle riders using them. The ones I got have 5 leds, different strobe modes, run on 2 AAA and can be seen very far away. Makes them alot more visible! I will of course be carrying a G2 just in case!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
You mean like these? (unabashed plug! :D Am I breaking any rules? :huh2: ) They indeed come in handy for all sorts of things - marking your house for the pizza delivery man, emergency responders, folks trying to find your house...the list goes on and on for sure!)

GREAT to keep track of the little ones on Tick or Treat night! One of my "little ones" are just a few days away from 20 & the other one is 17 - let em' get their own!! :D

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. I'm thinking about something a little more high powered for myself actually. Something with luxeon3 green leds... But only used to scare people... and yes it will be on my person.. muahah!

vic303

Enlightened
Yep! I even use them on the kidlets at outdoor festivals, or any time it might prove useful in locating the Monkeys!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, sorry I origionally posted in the wrong section. Pleas forgive the newbie! Just another idea.......you could clip on of these to your dogs collar and be able to see him/her better. Some may think its a UFO if your dog runs fast enough!!!

Mr_Light

Enlightened
In the past I have used glow sticks, but this year I am planning on attaching some of my 49 cent LED coin cell lights to there candy bags. I have used them on our dog's leash for night time visibility on walks. The clear body coin cell lights (photon clones) have the best side visibility. When they swing on their little chains they really get your attention. The KENJOD White LED Keychain lights at FifthUnit are the best deal I have found on these (I have bought about 40 so far).