Wolf Eyes 6A 3.6V Luxeon + polarity

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Is this normal?
I just received my 3.6V LED bulb for the Wolf eyes 6A flashlight. Normally, the wolf eyes have the batteries installed with the positive side nearest the tailcap.

When I installed the 3.6 Luxeon bulb today, I thought I received a DOA bulb. On a whim, I inverted the batteries and sure enough it lit up. So in order for me to use this combination, I have to install the batteries opposite of the instruction for Wolf eyes. Because I have the batteries in backwards, I no longer can use the LED tailcap, due to the reversal of polarity.

Did I receive a LED that was manufactured backwards, or is this normal for the 3.6V LED for wolf eyes?

thanks

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wolf Eyes battery are installed backwards for the incan....so an LED tailcap will be the proper polarity. Incan's work either way...AN LED needs proper polarity.
When You use an LED module....you are not to use the LED tailcap....THe LED tailcap is only for the incan bulb. got IT?

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Lighthouse one said:
When You use an LED module....you are not to use the LED tailcap....THe LED tailcap is only for the incan bulb. got IT?
I probably shouldn't have brought up the LED tailcap as that only muddles the issue.

What I am really wondering about it, is it normal for the 3.6V Luxeon LED drop in to require the opposite orientation of the battery. In order for me to get this LED to work I have the negative part of the battery near the tail cap, which is opposite of the instructions.

Did I get manufacturer mistake, or this normal for this LED?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes...with the LED drop in you reverse the battery....Plus forward....incan's bulb works either way battery is in.