Does anyone here use Unilite, SecuriLED, Pila, Wolf Eyes, Varta, Suprabeam, Knog, Gentos, or anything else obscure?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once bought a 2 AA or 2 AAA Bucklite from a backpacking store in The Little Apple. It looks like an Underwater Kinetics light. I imagine Buck Knives contracted with them to make it. The internals got all SNAFU, but I kept it, and it's here...somewhere. No idea where it is now.

Years ago I had an angle head light, I think it was a Garrity. It went SNAFU, also. I think I tossed it, finally, after giving up on fixing it. I think the angle head hinge broke or something.

When I was a boy, my scout troop sold stuff from a company called Tom Wat, to raise funds for summer camp, and one of the items was a small lantern, maybe a two D cell, from Ash Flash. Don't know where it is or if we still have it. Probably sold on a yard sale or thrown away years ago.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wolf-Eyes, and PILA used to be talked about more back in the day. Especially the charger offered by PILA. But the flashlight industry moved on long ago. These two brands, really didn't. Their offerings soon became obsolete. Still have one Wolf-Eyes model in my collection, stored away. Years, over a decade(?) since I've used it. Brand was big with the Air-Soft community once.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once bought a 2 AA or 2 AAA Bucklite from a backpacking store in The Little Apple. It looks like an Underwater Kinetics light. I imagine Buck Knives contracted with them to make it. The internals got all SNAFU, but I kept it, and it's here...somewhere. No idea where it is now.

Years ago I had an angle head light, I think it was a Garrity. It went SNAFU, also. I think I tossed it, finally, after giving up on fixing it. I think the angle head hinge broke or something.

When I was a boy, my scout troop sold stuff from a company called Tom Wat, to raise funds for summer camp, and one of the items was a small lantern, maybe a two D cell, from Ash Flash. Don't know where it is or if we still have it. Probably sold on a yard sale or thrown away years ago.
Found a photo of the Ash Flash lantern on the bay:

1691368617783.png

325addict

Enlightened
It may be.
Yes, Varta is as German as it can be. Their alkaline AA batteries are the best ones available, test after test after test confirms this.
But hey, even Varta alkalines can still leak, I had this once. In the same time, I saw it ten times with Duracell / Procell...
Varta makes these batteries themselves, they do not just stamp their name on just another batch they could fetch somewhere. These batteries are made in Germany and of serious quality. If I do have to use alkaline AAs, then Varta!