rechargable battery clueless, HELP!!

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I am totally clueless about rechargables (although I do use AA, AAA, C, D and 9v nimh rechargables)

What I need help with is the lithium type for use in surefire, etc lights.

I have 1, 2, 3 and 4 cell lights and want to purchase the longest running batteries I can get, something that would be as good, if not better than the "regular" batteries as well as safe.

Yes, I read all I could about batteries, but the more I read, the more confused I get!!
I will find what I think is right, then find another writing that messes me up, lol!!

What I need is rechargable batteries and a charger(s).
I have found Fifthunit to be very reasonable, but read bad things about the DSD charger.

I also want a charger that will charge more than 2-4 batteries if possible.
I have a charger for my "regular type" batteries and it is adjustable for different types and quantities, such as-
it will hold 1 AA in a slot, pull back the spring loaded end and it will hold 2 AA, then if needed, you can stack 2 more on top of those and there are several "rows" for more batteries.

What would be ideal is cr123 rechargables, all the same, but from what info I have gathered, this will insta-flash the bulbs, as the batteries are not "really 3v, but up to 4.2v, which would be great for my 1 cell LED lights, but not for my other, multiple battery lights.

With this in mind, do I have to use a different battery and charger for every light?

Also, I need a AA size battery that has the power of 2 AA batteries for my cut down Mag AA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to decide for weeks now, lol!!
Thanks in advance!

jrmcferren

Enlightened
LiON AA cells are now available, these put out 3.7 volts per cell nominal and 4.2 max, you gotta watch your MiniMag AA with those. For the RCR123 I know nothing except for that they are LiON. I saw somewhere about a regulated RCR-V3 but I don't know if there is an equivalent for the 123 cells or not.

look171

Newly Enlightened
with the CR 123s, do you have to run them all the way down to prevent memory?